2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear Brake Caliper Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Beginning Member
lemon blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear Brake Caliper Brackets

Does anyone know if they come with the slider pins and little metal clips for the pads? Mine was making an awful noise and when I removed it the pads and caliper bracket fell to the ground. I noticed that the metal clips that hold the pads in place were destroyed and I don't know how they were holding the pad there at all.

When I put new rotors and pads the clips looked good, I greased the slider pins and they worked fine but now the bracket is destroyed and I don't know why. I don't want to use the old slider pins anymore and I'm hoping they come with the new bracket or if you have to purchase them separately?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rear Brake Caliper Brackets

The brackets do not come anything else... You'll need new pins, boots, some caliper grease, and the new brackets. The new pads should come with new metal clips.

One thing that I would recommend is a good coating of rustoleum paint to keep the bracket from rusting and keeping it great looking for a long time!

Here a thread I made awhile back when I replaced the rear brakes on my old 2000 Bravada --> CLICK HERE

Old 08-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Ted
Beginning Member
Ted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Rear Brake Caliper Brackets

Just had to replace rear calipers on my daughter's '98 Blazer. The NAPA remans came with brackets and all HW (pins, boots, etc.) for $40 per side. Just something to keep in mind when checking price/availability.