2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear Lift Window Exterior Button Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 AM
CanadianBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear Lift Window Exterior Button Stuck

My girlfriend has a 2005 Blazer and has had this problem for over a year and it happens every couple months. The exterior rear lift window button keeps getting stuck in the pushed in or "open" position. So everytime she puts the truck in park since the switch is stuck in the open position the rear window pops open. The switch has been replaced 2 or 3 times and the problem keeps re-occuring because of dirt getting into the switch according to the dealer. Now the dealership says they won't replace the switch again and that they were surprised it was replaced before. They say the solution now is for them to clean the switch. Great that means the truck has to go in every 2 months for a switch cleaning? Uhhh right. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so found a permanent solution?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:46 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Rear Lift Window Exterior Button Stuck

I haven't run into that problem yet on my '05... What's the mileage on the truck? What was the mileage when it started?

If you've got an aftermarket deck in there, the people who installed it might've bent some pins on the switch harness...

Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 AM
CanadianBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Mileage is about 28,000 km and no aftermarket deck. It probably started at the 8,000km mark and has been an issue ever since.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't had that problem eitherbI got close to 40000 on the truck now.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Maybe try popping the switch out, and see if you can put some silicone or something around any holes, see if you can stop dirt from getting in, if that's what the problem is...

Could be a short in the door, and making the switch overheat, gets it stuck in the on position.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:24 PM
KOYOTE is an unknown quantity at this point

Sray with WD-40 once a month

Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Beginning Member
mastergrader007 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: CanadianBlazer

My girlfriend has a 2005 Blazer and has had this problem for over a year and it happens every couple months. The exterior rear lift window button keeps getting stuck in the pushed in or "open" position. So everytime she puts the truck in park since the switch is stuck in the open position the rear window pops open. The switch has been replaced 2 or 3 times and the problem keeps re-occuring because of dirt getting into the switch according to the dealer. Now the dealership says they won't replace the switch again and that they were surprised it was replaced before. They say the solution now is for them to clean the switch. Great that means the truck has to go in every 2 months for a switch cleaning? Uhhh right. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so found a permanent solution?
LOL, i thought my 96 Blazer was the only one that was a little retarded. my does that all the time. It will do it every day for a month, than stop for a month. its a real pain in the junk! lemme know if you find a solution