2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear wiper not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Beginning Member
darklink is on a distinguished road
Default Rear wiper not working

I just recently picked up an '02 Blazer 4x4 and have been doing some work to it to get it back in good running condition. Every time I google something about the truck, I end up here so I thought I'd register and post my problem.

Since I have gotten the truck the rear wiper has not worked. So far I have replaced the motor, the pulse module and the rear hatch/wiper switch in the dash but the wiper still does not work. I read another thread about this issue here and I can confirm that the threads in the wiper arm are gripping the wiper motor. I have also replaced the fuse in the dash for the rear wiper.

At this point I don't know what else I can do to get the wiper working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Beginning Member
95offroadhopeful is on a distinguished road

Is the wiper just not working at all or is it getting stuck? On my 95 Lt the wiper was getting stuck between the window and the tail gate. I just cut up a Dr. Pepper bottle cap and glued it to the wiper rest and it works great now. Hope this helps.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Beginning Member
burt222 is on a distinguished road

have you checked some of the fuses, I find I keep replacing parts,when all I needed were fuses

good luck

Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by 95offroadhopeful
Is the wiper just not working at all or is it getting stuck? On my 95 Lt the wiper was getting stuck between the window and the tail gate. I just cut up a Dr. Pepper bottle cap and glued it to the wiper rest and it works great now. Hope this helps.
I had both the problem you had plus the wiper arm was not tight so the motor worked just fine but the wiper didn't then when I tightened it up is when it got hung on the window edge. I just bought a used arm complete with the plastic piece washer hose & little plastic washer fitting I needed off ebay for like $14 shipped.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I am gonna replace all the fuses to be on the safe side and see what happens. I had replaced the rear wiper fuse in the dashboard but I used one of the spares that was already provided behind the panel cover. Maybe a brandy new one will do the trick.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member
Joshua1023 is on a distinguished road

I'd start w/ a multi meter. Should be pretty self evident if the motor runs, but doesn't power the arm.

First check the wires at the wiper motor. If you've got power, its not a fuse.

If no power at the wiper motor check for power at the switch. Should have juice on one side w/ the key on and both sides with the key on and the rear wiper turned on. If not, you've got a bad switch.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Beginning Member

I finally got the issue resolved.... mostly anyway. The issue with the wiper not working was due to part of the rear liftglass latch. I ordered a replacement latch online and when I got it, I noticed that it looked slightly different than the one on the truck. On the newer one, there is a little plastic arm that comes out of the circuit board on the latch. On mine this arm was broken off. That must be what tells the wiper that the tailgate and liftglass are closed so that it turns on.

Now the only issue I have is that the wiper arm is catching on the liftglass. Researching that one now.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Beginning Member
95offroadhopeful is on a distinguished road

Glad to know it wasn't something more serious. Seems like everyday I have new electrical problems. If you fined a way to stop the wiper from getting stuck on the glass let me know. The Dr. Pepper bottle cap doesn't add the classy touch you would expect.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Starting Member
TMartin42 is on a distinguished road
Default Help

Originally Posted by 95offroadhopeful
Could you explain more on what you did because I’m facing the same issue.