2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Removing the _Rear_ Door Panels? "98, 4DR 4X4 SLS Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 AM
cide is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Removing the _Rear_ Door Panels? "98, 4DR 4X4 SLS Jimmy

Hello again,

It was my first time, But following the instuctions I found in other posts on this forum I was successfully able to remove the door trim panels on both front doors and replace both speakers after work yesterday, I opt'd to install them "Steath" with the original covers present. Much less work and better security, They sound great.

So basically, 2 Bolts, 1 Screw and the panels pop off. I had to replace one or two severely battered clips, But no biggie.

I didn't have time to finish install the Rear Speakers, Which I want to do today or tommorow.

However, upon looking at the rear doors there is no bolts to speak of, And the door design is much different than the front.

I have searched every thread in this forum regarding Rear Door Panels, And the closest I could find was something about pulling a door pin with needlenose, Not sure it applies, The next thing was a guy who couldnt get the door panel all the way off cause it was sticking on something near the front end of the rear doors by the window?¿

Before I do this myself I want to be sure on the procedure so I don't unnessisarily scratch, wear or break anything.

How does the Rear door Panel come off, Is there hidden bolts to be wary of, Anything to be removed first? Does the "Window Up/Down" panel switch come out simular to the fronts, Or does the whole thing just pop out from the get go?

I would be grateful for confirmation so I can get this done with confidence.

PS: Since removing the Lock/Window control panels as a part of the front process, it seems they pop out of place front forwards very easily now, Or I may have never noticed it before cause I didn't know they came out that way... But.. Is there a step I'm missing in securing these things in place? +1 for answering this bonus question... lol.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC, there are some screws in a few different places. I replaced the rear speakers in my old 2k Bravada (same thing as your Blazer) about 2 years ago so things are a bit hazy. I believe there is a screw that holds on the trim around the latch handle inside. There also was a little trim panel in the pull handle area that had to come up and two screws under that. I think that was it besides the push pins around the perimeter similar to the front doors.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:20 PM
cide is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you As always Sir,

I will try this when I get home and let you know.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I do not believe the lock panel pops out like the front. I believe there is also trim that runs up in front of the window, that there is a screw that must be removed. Once you take the door pull screws out and the one at handle, the panel just slides up. I think. lol