2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

RHD 2001 Blazer radiator - help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:13 AM
fermanrique is on a distinguished road

Thanks all for the advice!

DaveHearne,
I have ordered it today from the website that you suggested.
They don't seem to have problems shipping to Australia.

I hope it is right this time!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

Hopefully it should solve your problem. I would be interested to know what sort of quality it is as my original radiator is looking tired now so may need to replace it eventually? I really cannot see why GM had to fit a different radiator to the RHD models - i'm sure they had their reasons but i'm damned if I can see why? Even with the A/C hoses having a slightly different routing on the RHD models as far as I can see they still could have got away with using the same radiator & hoses. I had to get a top hose for mine a couple years ago & I got ripped off (at the only official GM dealer here that supports Blazers) for over £60 for it where one for the LHD model was just over £20 - and it's a longer hose!

I don't know what it is like in your part of the world but I am disgusted here in the UK at the total disregard GM have for these vehicles now in the form of%2

Last edited by DaveHearne; 06-24-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:08 AM

Hi,

I'll let you know the quality when I get it.

There is no support or parts for any Chevy vehicle here other than the ones that are sold with the Holden batch. There are some Blazers imported from Japan and some other large pickups and SUVs imported from USA and converted to RHD.
I had imported all spare parts for the Blazer from USA until know when I learnt the hard way that not all parts are the same.
Parts in the USA are so cheap compared to the local market that it cost me about the same to import them than to buy a comparable part for another car in Australia.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Angry

The radiator saga continues....

After a week of having ordered and paid for the radiator, Mach5Auto hadn't processed my order or replied to my e-mails so I had to ask for my money back (which I got).

I then contacted most importers of Japanese parts but none of them import Chevrolet parts from Japan. They import only Japanese brands.

so I'm back to the drawing board trying to figure out how to get it.

The site Bounce.co.nz in New Zealand seem to have the tanks but I'm waiting for them to confirm if they are the right ones.

If anyone else can find a place where I can buy it please let me know.

The radiator looks like this:

Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Starting Member

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having getting this radiator.

I am suprised at mach5auto messing you about - what was their excuse for not sending the item as they have always been very good shipping to me here in the UK?

I have found a couple more places that may be able to help. These guys in the USA list the radiator you need but they do not ship overseas. Wondered if you had a contact in the US you could get it shipped to them so they can ship it onto you. Check out the link below

Murray 432611 - Radiator | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Alternatively, try these guys - they are based here in the UK, they are GM USA official dealers & they ship worldwide. I have used them before & they are very good but you will probably pay over the odds as they only deal in genuine GM parts. Their link is below.

American Car Parts in the UK - GM, Cadillac, Chevrolet, HUMMER, from Bauer Millett

Hope this helps & you can get your radiator as soon as possible.
Let me know how you get on. If there's any other help you need please just ask as i'm more than happy to do so. I have a great passion for these vehicles & am more than willing to pass on any information I can get on the relatively rare right hand drive models.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Lady P is on a distinguished road

Hi Fermanrique,
If Bunce in NZ doesn't work out, you could try the guys in Queensland. I can't remember their name, but I found them by searching Google.
I found Bunce really good, and they got in a part that I needed. With the strong Aussie Dollar, I thought it was good value compared to other options.
Good luck.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 AM

Hi DaveHearne and Lady P,
Thank you for your help!
I did contact Murray 432611 - Radiator | O'Reilly Auto Parts about a week ago but they only take USA credit cards and don't have PayPal (!?).
I'll wait to see what happens with the guys from New Zealand. If they haven't replied by tomorrow I'll give them a call.

If that fails I'll try to find the shop in QLD or to order from the site in the UK.

I'll keep you posted!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Starting Member
DanielleSteven is on a distinguished road

Are the American car parts having service in Canada? I am fed up with auto part dealers near our locality. Recently I consulted Garage living for a wall storage cabinet. It is the only thing I got in correct time for the last three months. Is there any consideration to look out while selecting automotive companies? I always fail in my selection.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Beginning Member
blazer-in-aus is on a distinguished road

Another oz blazer owner looking for parts, this time a pitman arm, i bought a set that included ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm and pitman arm, all fitted fine except the pitman arm, the lhd one is straight but the rhd drive one has a bend in it, might be different for 4wd but everything i got was meant to be for the 4wd version, im also still looking for a tow bar and rhs mirror, i have emailed bunce.

Does any one else in oz have a yellow color on there rhs mirror?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Starting Member

Hi, the pitman arm for the RHD Blazer has been discontinued by GM for some time. God knows why they would discontinue such a common wearing part like that? I was fortunate enough to be able to find a good secondhand one which I now religiously grease every few weeks to try & make it last as long as possible.
I have heard that it is possible to weld the balljoint part of a LHD pitman arm onto the RHD one. Having never done it I wouldn't like to recommend it but it could be an option worth considering? I would imagine that it would have to be done very precisely so as to keep the steering geometry correct? Either way please keep me posted as I know a lot of other UK owners have faced the same problem.
As for the mirror, black ones are readily available but have never heard of coloured ones - might be an aftermarket cover?

all the best,

Dave.

Quick Reply: RHD 2001 Blazer radiator - help needed!