2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

RockAuto dropped Cardone Reman PCM's

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Presti7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RockAuto dropped Cardone Reman PCM's

RockAuto.com isn't showing Cardone remanufactured PCM's for sale any more for ANY year Blazer.

I think I found out why I couldn't get my Blazer to start after spending $3,000 replacing EVERYTHING. I think RockAuto dropped Cardone remanufactured PCMs because they must be JUNK!

I would like to know why RockAuto isn't selling them anymore, now alllllll the PCM's they sell are empty, not flashed. The Cardone ones were supposed to be programmed enough to get a vehicle to run and drive, just not the final programming needed to meet emissions that a Dealer must finish. (Crank Relearn, idle set, etc).

No, my Blazers pre-security crap requiring a Vin/security crap flashed in. Don't even mention that. That came out 2 years after mine.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:19 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Depending on what year your blazer is and how much you want to spend, your best bet might be to get a tuned pcm. I got mine from blackbear, and they sent me a new, tuned pcm for 260. It really woke up the 4.3. I'm sure other tuners can do it as well, not sure on there prices though.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Presti7 is an unknown quantity at this point

On Cardone's website they show their Remanufactured PCM's are programmed, partially- enough to run though. Still require CASE relearn. They even have a website showing they sell a programmer they use on PCM's to other businesses and it explains what they program on their "Remanufactured PCMs".

The RockAuto website even showed the Cardone PCM's were partially programmed, and not completely empty like the ones they sell now.

Well I got an email back from RockAuto. Due to all the Cardone PCM returns they ain't selling them now.

Well well well....we finally figured out why my Blazer wouldn't start. Thanks for SCREWING me Cardone and RockAuto. 2 garages and $3,000 later they couldn't figure out why it won't start after replacing everything.

It's the Cardone "Remanufactured" PCM. NEVER buy their crap.

http://www.cardone.com/products/elec...ontrol-modules

http://www.cardone.com/products/elec...s-reprogrammer

Last edited by Presti7; 09-07-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: add links
Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Beginning Member
762mm is an unknown quantity at this point

I just dealt with a company called BBA Remanufacturing for my ABS control module, which happens to fry on almost every 2001 Blazer, Safari, etc... apparently.

The company was great to deal with, they've taken care of the shipping both ways (UPS) and they completed the remanufacturing repair (along with return shipping) in 2 business days flat. Total cost on my end was $112.

Now... I am not aware how much they'd charge to rebuild a PCM, but they do claim that no reprogramming is necessary after they rebuild your old parts. And they do remanufacture pretty much everything, according to their website:

BBA reman. ABS, ecu's, throttle bodies, air mass meters, and catalytic converters

Best of luck! Their website seems kind of "incomplete", so I'd suggest contacting them directly with you inquiry (for example, my EBCM is not listed on the website, but they fixed it nevertheless). I am a very satisfied customer and I'll definitely recontact them for any further crappy Chinese quality electronics issues on my Jimmy. They give a lifetime warranty on their remanufactured parts too... I kind of wish GM was giving such warranty on their brand new damn modules to begin with!

GM: Always an adventure into the unknown world of mysterious check engine lights and unexplained electrical failures!

(good engines and trannies though...)

Last edited by 762mm; 09-08-2012 at 09:51 PM.