2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

rusted motor mounts on 2000 RWD Blazer

Old 05-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Beginning Member
d w schaefer is on a distinguished road
Default rusted motor mounts on 2000 RWD Blazer

Recently I found three cupped washers on my garage floor. Two body mounts on the driver's side and one on the passenger side were where these washers were from Since the bolts were still in place I tried to extract the one from the mount on the driver's side just in front of the l/r wheel. Needless to say, it twisted off. The upper mounting "cup" and rubber bushing assembly is no longer available. It appears that the upper rubber bushing mounting cup has a spacer protruding downward onto which the rubber bushing slides on. Is this spacer-like protruding piece actually part of the upper mounting cup or is it added after the rubber bushing is installed into the mounting cup? Is there a replacement for this 2- or-3 piece assembly and or is it available only in a complete kit? Also, would I have to risk removing and likely breaking more rusted body mount bolts in order to be able to raise the body enough to install the upper mounting cup/rubber bushing? This problem is starting to become a mess and I wonder if it is worth it to do what needs to be done. I really need some good advice because I could not get a picture of the upper mounting cup by itself without the rubber bushing attached.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Post a photo. Dunno like others, but I am having problems with imaging of what You're exactly asking about. A picture worth a thousand words.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member

Mike: Can't take a pic of what I don;t have. As nearly as I can tell, the blazer cab/body mounts consist of a caged nut on top; a bolt that comes up from the bottom; an upper metal "cup" into which a rubber bushing is mounted (these items are located above the body mount bracket which is welded onto the side of the frame member); Below the bracket is the lower rubber bushing which is held up by a metal washer through which the bolt is mounted. I need a photo of the complete body mount or a drawing. What I am in doubt about is the upper metal "cup" which holds the upper rubber bushing. Have you got a photo of it or a drawing. It is NLA from GM and no info is available from the manufacturer.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:04 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

I don't have any pictures to help you out but as a suggestion go to your favorite search engine and type in 2000 Chevy blazer body mounts, I tried and besides the choices of new parts sights I had a lot of pictures come up, The deaper i went into the search the more picture choices I had .....

Old 05-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Beginning Member
Default Rusted lbocy mounts on 2000 Blazer

I got in touch with energy suspension and found that to replace all of the bushings and hardware would cost about $400. Well, the ole Blazer is rusting out and has nearly 500K miles on it. Unless I can find some good used mounting hardware I will pass on this project since my Blazer is probably not worth this cost. Thanks for your interest and advice.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:17 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the follow up and closure ......