2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Security Light Passlock Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Security Light Pass lock Problems

hey Wolfpack-read your thread-nice but did you do it and did it help your problem, for my information? Jerry

Old 01-14-2009, 07:31 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Security Light Pass lock Problems

Yep I did it, hence the pics

It fixed my issues...I was having the security light come on randomly while driving and it would stay lit constant. Also it would turn over and fire, but die a second later with a flashing security light. Both problems seem to be gone.

Its not too bad of a job, probably took me 2 hours with taking all the pics. Also got held up by installing it with the switch gear in the wrong position, closed everything up, went to start, realized it was off a position, had to disassemble the whole thing and move the switch...minor delay [:@]

Old 03-06-2009, 03:45 PM
dazanez is on a distinguished road
Default ignition switch replacement problem

i had a friend replace my ignition switch. now he tells me the odometer and gas guage doesnt read. im not sure if he went through the relearning process but if he didnt is this the reason or is it something else? please help!!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that he installed the ignition switch one tooth off.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Default ignition switch

well i got the ignition switch replaced and the truck started fine.. drove it a day...and now im back to the same problem only the security light doesnt come on. just sits there and tries to start but wont. i just ordered a lock cylinder and am gonna try to replace that. after that its time for the fuel pressure reg check and maybe the dreaded fuel pump replacement. dont know what else could be wrong. now, the ignition switch is fine, but i dont know if the system was re-learned or not. could this be the problem even though i drove it all over town the day after with no problems?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you do the security relearn procedure?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Default RE:

no i didnt. is that what i should do? i dont see how i could drive it all day unlearned and then have it die on me? got a link to relearn procedure?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Administrator

It should be part of the DIY thread IIRC... If not, I am sure I have posted it in the past.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 AM

does anyone know if you HAVE to remove the steering wheel to replace the lock cylinder?

Old 01-03-2010, 03:37 PM
perrythomas is on a distinguished road

Please Help!!!! Have a mechanic here now placing reassembling the steering column. The Security light flashes and car dies. Saying it may need towed to dealer. Please help.

Quick Reply: Security Light Passlock Problems