2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Security Light Passlock Problems

Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What was your mechanic in there doing? Sounds like he didn't do things properly and now is trying to pass it off... We would like to help, but your post is very light on details. Vehicle information and what exactly has been done to the vehicle are both required.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:08 PM
perrythomas is on a distinguished road
Default PassLock

Posted once but got lost I guess. I had to remove the entire ignition unit. Took to a Locksmith. He said it looked like someone had tried to force the wrong key in or used a screwdriver to try and force switch. He wasable to repair. When I re assymbled engine will not start. turns over buit not start. I am trkdrvr and had to leave. My wife hired a mobile mechanic and she is the one that posted the question. Still not starting I will be home next weekend and am thinking about by pasing the security system. any help appreciated. PS. she and mechanic went through the 30 min relearn procedure to no aval. thx

Old 01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would be worried about the repair that the lock smith made...

Old 01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
perrythomas is on a distinguished road
Question

Originally Posted by perrythomas
Posted once but got lost I guess. I had to remove the entire ignition unit. Took to a Locksmith. He said it looked like someone had tried to force the wrong key in or used a screwdriver to try and force switch. He wasable to repair. When I re assymbled engine will not start. turns over buit not start. I am trkdrvr and had to leave. My wife hired a mobile mechanic and she is the one that posted the question. Still not starting I will be home next weekend and am thinking about by pasing the security system. any help appreciated. PS. she and mechanic went through the 30 min relearn procedure to no aval. thx
Got home yesterday. Not sure it is a security problem after all. Security comes on when ign sw to on then clears. abut engine will start then die immedfiatly. switch fuel pump relay with another with same results. Any help appreciated.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Beginning Member
Rmitchell0902 is on a distinguished road

So i didn't read all the replies but i have a 2000 gmc jimmy and ive been having this probably since march of this year I installed a viper alarm system and a stereo system I drove the thing for a few weeks then it quit I tested everything fuel pressure sensors and all and everything that the CEL threw at me I fixed and cleared I parked the truck in a garage for a few months because I could not get it to start then I replaced my cat and gave it a jump it started a little rough but calmed itself after running for a little while I drove it a few weeks then it started the bs again I checked the fuel pressure again (last I checked) im at 54-56 and it leaks when I turn the key to the ON position but once I turn the key off it holds. I keep a eye on the performance and it keep throwing me a p0171 and p0174 code but they were off and on before the truck stopped again. Few notes: it died the day after I filled up then another time right after I finished pumping....plussss I also notice today when I open all my doors except my driver door the security light comes on flashing...when I open the driver door it doesn't light up...speaking of that the sercurity light comes on some time when I actually get it started but it usually shuts off after a while. Please please please help me im at my end with this thing but it has sentimental value to me and I want to keep it

Old 12-13-2018, 11:33 PM
Beginning Member
Rmitchell0902 is on a distinguished road

Perry thats the exact problem im having please somebody help