2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

She's Stoped Blowing

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 PM
blazernoobie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default She's Stoped Blowing

Hello all,

Just a quick one hopefully it's obvious..

Anyway my 99 blazer seems to have stopped blowing air, hot or cold..

which is some what of a dilemma where i live as its currently -30 and -50 with wind chill.

may be its full of snow or ice, I'm not sure but it was working fine then tonight nothing..

if any one has any idea of what could be causing it, if it is the weather.. (i doubt it as it has been like that for the last month)

i would really appreciate your help..

blazer noobie

Old 01-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: She's Stoped Blowing

From your description, it sounds as though the blower motor has stopped working. Is this correct?

Do you have the manual climate controls or do you have the automatic?

Does the fan refuse to work on any setting, including HIGH? If so, I would start at the HVAC fuses. There are two, one in the underhood fuse block labelled HVAC which is a 30A fuse and the other is in the IP fuse block (behind the cover on the drivers side end of the dash, visible with the door open, again, labelled HVAC, but this time it is a 20A fuse. The fuse in the underhood fuse block is for HIGH fan operation while the fuse in the IP fuse block deals with all modes and if blown, all modes will off.

If it operates on HIGH, but no other modes, then the problem most likely the blower motor resistor block.

If the fuses check out ok, then you can move to checking the relay in the underhood fuse block. If you exchange it for another one like it and the blower motor works, then the relay is the problem.

If the relay checks out ok, then the problem very well could be a faulty blower motor. You can test the connection to the blower motor for proper voltage with a multimeter. You can also use test leads to put voltage to the blower motor.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
blazernoobie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: She's Stoped Blowing

Thank you for your quick response...
From your description, it sounds as though the blower motor has stopped working. Is this correct? Yes this sounds correct.

Do you have the manual climate controls or do you have the automatic?
well its manual, but also has an auto setting.. if that helps.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Shes Stoped Blowing

Then it is automatic. Check through the things I have listed.