2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Turn signals gone wild

Old 10-18-2010, 12:20 PM
jochumson is on a distinguished road
Default Turn signals gone wild

I know that it is annoying when people post questions about topics that have already been covered in the form. I have searched for something that can help me with this and haven't found anything so if you know of a thread that covers this please post it for me.

95 Chevy Blazer 4 wheel drive 4 door

Inside the truck: The left blinker light blinks even when the switch is in the center or set for the right. When you set the switch for the right both blink like if the hazard lights were on.

Outside in the front: The left blinker stays on all the time no mater where the switch is. The right light never turns on no mater where the switch is.

Outside in the back: The back works just like it should. When the switch is in the left position the left light blinks when the switch is in the right the right blinks.

My thought was that the switch is bad but why does the front act different then the back. The only light that never turns on is the front right. I have no idea what would make this thing act this way besides the gremlins that got in there a year ago however I thought the Raid I used killed them off so I turn to you guys to give me guidance.

Thank you Bryan

Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have a wiring problem to the front. You are going to have to inspect the harness for damage and may have to pull the wires out of the harness to look for pinched or burned wiring that could cause the circuits to screw up like that.

About the only other thing that I can help with is a diagram. The rest is going to have to be up to you to hunt down.

Attached Thumbnails Turn signals gone wild-95_exterior_lights_sch.gif  
Old 10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
jochumson is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the Harness

WOW thank you. Do you happen to know where the harness is?