2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Spare Trire

Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

See, the trick to not missing your cars is to never get rid of them! Lol

Old 01-10-2019, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately it was not my decision... past downhill relationship, went back for the car and it was gone... havent found it since... been about 5 years... 1983 Camaro z28 with t tops... had a SB350 with a holy carb, headers, shift kit and magnaflow exhaust... bought it from my buddy for 1500... was in the middle of rebuilding the carb and doing body work when everything went downhill...

Last edited by DonL; 01-10-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:43 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red
See, the trick to not missing your cars is to never get rid of them! Lol
In a perfect world that is... Sometimes we all gotta make decisions that change things forever. Sell a car for whatever reason telling yourself that "someday I will buy one back" and then "someday" never comes..... Wife, kids, bills, life just kinda happens sadly! That is why we have memory lol, any time we wanna go back there it is...

Old 01-10-2019, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by go chevy
In a perfect world that is... Sometimes we all gotta make decisions that change things forever. Sell a car for whatever reason telling yourself that "someday I will buy one back" and then "someday" never comes..... Wife, kids, bills, life just kinda happens sadly! That is why we have memory lol, any time we wanna go back there it is...
amen... I rather have the memories then nothing at all... but again some memories you just wanna forget lol...

Old 01-10-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
amen... I rather have the memories then nothing at all... but again some memories you just wanna forget lol...
No my friend, where I come from we call those "NIGHTMARES" lol.............

Old 01-10-2019, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I'm lucky My first two cars, the Volvo and chevelle are at my dad's house. Between his 1500 ft2 shop, and four acres, plenty of room for my junk, that I'll get around to one day. The other three are at my house. I've managed to hold on to every car I've ever owned

Sorry for the hijack, by the way! I'll try to stick to the topic at hand

Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 PM

I'm lucky My first two cars, the Volvo and chevelle are at my dad's house. Between his 1500 ft2 shop, and four acres, plenty of room for my junk, that I'll get around to one day. The other three are at my house. I've managed to hold on to every car I've ever owned

No need for any apology, heck I think I was the 1 who shifted topics lol!!! Passion is what drives us, moves us in ways. Now I am once again ticked off where my darn spare tire is currently lol This Forum is a way too vent, help, advise, encourage, support and just be ourselves lol! Ok, now I am really ticked at my spare tire : (

Old 01-11-2019, 03:09 AM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Sure, sure, trigger me more and then we stick to the topic
Your dad has an awesome vintage collection. Some could be jealous. I am!
I am the type of person who enjoys more turning wrenches than riding. I've been looking several episodes of "DIY Garage" on YT, where they rebuild cars from '60...'70. A great and awesome hobby. But yet, I realize how much time and money must be spend in a rebuild process. If I would take a try I'd probably end up having no time to nor cash to spend. And yet, there are three of them waiting for rebuild[1]. From this point of view it may even look like a curse

[1] As Scott Adams said, for a regular people, if something is "damaged", then it's "damaged" and they get rid of it. For an engineer, "damaged" means more like "an unknown state" and they try to fix it. Only a fatal recovery failure allows to call it "damaged". So in this case they're in unknown state.