2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

starts but will die

Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
thatdude is on a distinguished road

so i was at football and went to leave. started to drive away and it was feeling like iwas about to run out of gas. so igot gas and it is still running messed up. the check engine light is flashing on and off. when i go to hit the gas there is no power. so i got the codes and there are six. p0300. p0134. p0171.p0420. p1406. p1133. i know what thay all kind of mean but dont no what to do now..... i have a 97 chevy blazer 4x4 109 thousand mil. i replaced the spark plugs and wires. destributer cap and roater. and one of the codes was about the o2 sencer bank 1 senser 1. and i replaced that one. the car sems to start fine it seems to be like air or mabye not getn gas. i dont no and it will die when idrive for more then 2 blocks. can someone tell me what code that would be

help with what to do first

can someone show me a diogram of the vacuum hoses. i just found a hoes laying in the engine. it comes from just under the pcv valve and runs back by the driver side. but it splits and 1 is just hanging there sucking up air.were do thay run to. my car will die. dont no if the hose goes somewere or should i cap it

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-04-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: MERGING ALL THREADS ON THIS ISSUE - Please do not spread your questions across multiple forum sections, especially when they are related.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

P0134 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0171 - Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
P030x - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P1133 - HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1
P1406 - EGR Valve Pintle Position Circuit

Looks like a whole lot of O2 sensor codes. I would check the B1S1 sensor wiring. If you know someone with a full feature scan tool, have them monitor the B1S1 sensor. Get those codes cleaned up and see what happens.

The EGR valve code could be caused by a dirty valve. You can clean it rather easily (see the Tech Article (DIY) Index link in my sig) and reinstall it with a screened gasket.

As far as the vacuum line goes, have a look at some of the 4wd threads in the Tech Article (DIY) Index. There are a few vacuum diagrams in those threads. That vacuum leak isn't helping your situation and could be causing the lean code.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 PM

ok ihow do i clear the codes to see if thay are gone i replaced the o2 sencer bank 1 senser 1 and still the same should i do them all

Old 08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The codes will go away if you cure the problem. You can clear them yourself by disconnecting the battery for >10 minutes.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:05 PM

so i replaced the o2 sencer bank 1 senser 1 and put on anew egr valve and still the same problem. the engine seems to get no power when in drive i have to smash the gas. could it be a fuil filter. how would i check that. the car bogging down till it will die thanks

Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Did you fix or at least plug the vacuum line yet?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:23 PM

yes i just pluged it. it goes somewere in to the fire wall and in to the engine right below the pcv valve but there is a t in the hose . but still bogging down if i hit thegas and it sounds fine when i let off it will bog down till it dies

Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Next step would be a fuel pressure test. For that you will need a gauge. Once you have the gauge, follow the directions in the link on the bottom right of my signature.