2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

this sucks

Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default this sucks

so i start fixing up my ride, as my money starts coming in, and then i had someone buff out my headlights, because they were hazy, so the headlights got moved around a lil, so my dad insisted i take it to a place that has that machine that adjusts headlights. But heres the problem, texas took that off the inspection so only the dealerships have those. So i sucked it up, and brought it to the dealership, so i get a call a few hrs later that one of the headlight's adjusting mechanisms got broken and i had to buy a whole new passenger side light. The thing is before that, i looked at the light and tried to adjust it a lil better, and they were all intact so they mustve broken it. So yeah that will cost me 300 bux, after all that bitchin haha my question is where could u find some less expensive headlights? ive tried ebay, without finding any at all and i have no idea other than the dealership.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: this sucks

Is this an Envoy with the HID lighting? If so, that sucks. Good luck finding replacements.

Anyway, you should be able to use the adjusters from any headlight on your housings. I'd just go to your local junk yard and find the headlights from a Jimmy or Bravada and yank out the adjusters. I believe that they can be replaced independant of the whole assembly. Atleast it's worth exploring.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:46 AM

yeah its the envoy, checker supposedly had some, and i went in to look at them, but it was just a regular jimmy light. yeah but the dealership claims you cant replace those independently, and i took it into a body shop the next day after the dealership and they said the same.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

what piece actually broke? the housing or the long plastic pieces that hold the headlight in place?

Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way you could take a picture of the pieces that broke? If they aren't replacable independantly, then it looks like it sucks to have HID!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Sounds like if the dealership broke it, they bought it. They should be the ones to replace it, unless the things were in bad condition orignally. Just my $0.02.

-Lenny

Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 AM

i messed around with it before i brought it in and they worked fine before it went in so im guessing they did, but i mean i told them it wasnt broken before and they said it probably was and i didnt notice. oh well, ill take a pic tomorrow when i see my gf cuz i dont have a digital camera

Old 06-14-2007, 03:37 PM

see how it hangs because the holder is broken

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

heres the other side, its not broken just for reference to look at the other side

the little screw that holds in place wont go back in if u can tell

heres a better shot of that screw, it is supposed to go back in but it wont, alsoon the far right is the top adjusting screw that completely broke off

side view of that screw

that screw

theres what the top adjusting screw should look like, thats my drivers side

if u want better pix tell me

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please do not post multiple times in a single thread. If you have new information to add and another member has not yet replied, please use the edit function to add that information. If you'd like to learn how I editted your post, please PM me and I can fill you in on the advanced features you can use.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Administrator

After cleaning it up and taking a look at the pictures, those adjusters look exactly like the ones that were on my Bravada... I'm going to suggest you find the closest junkyard and see if they have a cheap Jimmy/Bravada headlight (from the same side of the truck) and compare side by side.

Also, to get a better idea of the adjusters, please remove the headlight on the passenger side completely from the truck and snap a few pictures. I'll PM you on how to post the pictures in the way that I have above in my edit.

*EDIT* - to be honest with you, it just looks like someone WAY over extended the adjuster... You may want to try pushing in with a bit of pressure and tightening down on the adjuster to see if it'll start to pull back in. If not, then the gearing inside is probably FUBAR'd, but it's worth a try.

But man, I'm tellin' ya, those adjusters look exactly the same as the ones on my Bravada! Here's a pic of my adjuster after the mount was removed from the back of the headlamp assembly:

And here's the headlight assembly viewed from the back:

Don't mind the circles on the pictures... They were from my 9005 Bulb Mod thread...

Old 06-15-2007, 12:48 AM

ill be calling up the junkyards tomorrow, but as for the pix of the headlights off the truck im not sure how to take headlights off, so if u told me how i could try and do that
and btw i tried to adjust it todaywhile ikept pushing it inand it wouldnt go in; or im just impatient but i was doing it for 30 mins haha. so i think somethings wrong down there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: this sucks