2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

TCCM Location on a 97'

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road
Unhappy TCCM Location on a 97'

So I have searched around on multiple posts and haven't found any SOLID response as to where it is on my vehicle, I have torn apart most of the stuff under the dash and glove box and can't seem to locate it.

My 4x4 was stuck in 4lo today and took me a couple of hours of messing with stuff around the transfer case and some other random parts under the dash til I could get it out of 4low, then it just clicked into 4high and I can't seem to get it out of that gear now.

The 4 high and low work, just intermittently so I don't think its the encoder motor, just thinking I may just need to reset the TCCM hence my question. Any other insight may help me out a bit, at work right now trying to mess with stuff.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

if your is like mine then the tccm is behind the pass kick panel under the dash.
i dont know the diff between the 97 and 99 but my brother was having a problem that was similar where all the mech parts worked but the elec parts had a mind of their own. it turned out to be the switch in the dash with the buttons on it. we swapped it for a spare i had and all was good.
also there is a 4x4 diagnoses write up in the tech section.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 PM
spittybays

Its in the same spot on the blazer, pas front pillar. Same as this Tahoe. Easy.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:08 PM

Yup found it, didn't need to take apart everything that I did, but oh well. Found it. Unplugging it and letting it reset allowed me to get it from 4low into 4high(that thing I played with earlier WAS the tccm, just didntk now it) but now stuck in 4high. Next thing I will try is to pull the fuse, wait 10 mins, and cycle my ignition to accessory and off 5x. This should give me some of the malfunction codes correct? Fuse #19 "4wd" 20a <----correct fuse?

**** I know there are plenty of write-ups on this site, problem is i'm on a work computer that is from the stoneage and this thing crashes like crazy so it's a pain searching and browsing without resetting this **** every 3 minutes, so i'm staying on my thread since it will actually let me view this page ! ( sorry for the inconvenience).***

Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 AM

**Update**

So I got it out of 4-High finally. I went ahead and d/c the TCCM harness and let that stay out for a good 45 mins or so and re-plugged it back in. Went ahead and started the truck, it wouldn't click back into 2-Hi with the car on. So I turned the car off and putt it into Accessory and slid it into neutral, with it in neutral I was able to click it back into 2-Hi ! (Semi-Success !!!) my 4x4 will still need some looking into but I did get to my goal tonight, so all in all success. Thanks for the tips on where to find the TCCM helped a lot. Next step.....FIX the 4x4 haha.