2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

This truck is killing my bank roll!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 12:51 AM
nerve_agent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This truck is killing my bank roll!!

HELP!!!!!Ok, this is going to be lengthy but it is necessary. I currently own a 2000 2dr 4wd 4.3 V6. I bought the truck in May of 2003 as of now i have had to put about $6000 worth of repairs into it, not counting those that were either covered by certain warranties or by the dealer giving in to a very irate customer (myself).
1: right motor mount
2: all 3 O2 heater sensors
3: catylitic convertor
4: drivers side window motor
5: idler arm
6: upper and lower ball joints
7: 6 new tires
8: 2 alignments
9: fuel pump
10: 4wd actuator motor
11: spark plugs and wires
12: battery
13: main grille
14: bumper skirt
and now it rides really rough at any speed, it shakes so bad I think I'm going to suffer from kidney damage, any bump in the road I hit is like slamming into a pothole, the inside panels shake and rattle, crawled under the thing and my idler arm has at least 1/2 inch of play up and down and I think the rear suspension might be shot as well. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!!

Old 09-25-2004, 04:04 AM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: This truck is killing my bank roll!!

No offense or anything but it sounds like you got screwed. For the rough ride, are you in 4WD or 2WD when you go fast? That would explain one of the problems, but other than that, my advice, unless you wanna pimp your ride, get rid of it. Get another blazer and make sure to opt for the additional warranty if it doesn't have any left. If not....then maybe opt for the additional warranty and keep the blazer you have now. Weigh it out before you buy any additional warranty though...
Is it worth it?
Will the warranty cover all the things that are wrong with the blazer now?
Will I be better off (financaly) just paying for the repairs myself?
You know, questions like that.
Maybe the pervious owner beat it to hell and got rid of it. Who knows, just make sure to cover your ***. Maybe talk to the dealer and tell him that you want to trade it in, get a better one, and see if you can work out some sort of a deal on another ride. Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you. I'm sorry man, that really sucks. Keep us posted and let us know what happens.

Old 09-25-2004, 04:14 AM

Thanx man I will keep everyone updated, just sucks that such a nice lookin ride ain't riding so well. Major thing is that I dont want to be upside down as far as payments go.

Old 09-26-2004, 05:19 AM

To answer your question I'm in 2HI while driving it is however a 4wd( obviously) vehicle.
As of now, Monday is the day I take it in and have the WHOLE thing inspected, idler arm WILL be changed out, I have noticed a bit of a roll when coming out of turns so shocks are probably in order as well, but like I said to be on the safe side everything is getting checked and for my own personal satisfaction the shop agreed to let me be under the thing when the tech is there so I know all is checked, just to help give me that warm and fuzzy feeling ,ya know.
I have contacted a Lemon Law hotline which got me in touch with a Law firm that deals with nothing but these sort of cases. Hopefully by Tuesday I should have some info and will post. If anyone else is in this type of situation go to lemonhelpers.com and fill out the free case review they have there, it wont cost you a dime to have them review and try your case!

Old 09-26-2004, 05:34 PM

Great! It sounds like you're getting thinga all worked out. I hope the best for you.

Old 09-26-2004, 10:43 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

good for you man... hope that works out for ya

Old 09-29-2004, 10:10 PM

Well as it stands the shop said it rides like crap and they cant figure out why, took it to 2 gm dealers and they said" its a Blazer its supposed to ride like that" whatever one dealer said he wanted to start hanging parts like $150 for putting it on the rack and tightning everything down and another $400 for shcocks plus hes talking about u-joints and all kinds of crap I told him to shove it, exact words mind you and the other dealer said I have too aggressive of a tire and I should just try to change out the clutch fan, again told him to get lost, clutch fan is fine and I'm only running Dayton Timberline L/T's not swamppers so heres where it stands as far as putting anymore money into it, not gonna happen, I,m gonna ride this thing till she breaks and in about 6 months when I get it to where I owe about $5000 on it I'm going to a Subaru dealer and getting rid of this thing GM can kiss my @$$ as far as I'm concerned. as far as the lawyer thing, no word yet but as i am now on a 7 day work stretch (12 hr nights) so I'm gonna be out of the loop that is daylight and that of the living ,will post when anything new comes up.

Old 09-30-2004, 04:01 AM

Sorry things are so bad for you. I'm not too knowledgable about 4x4's but shouldn't it ride halfway decent no matter what??? I hope you hear from your lawyer soon so you can get this staightened out. That really sucks man.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:33 AM

Talked to a Lawyer today, those guys are about as bad as the stealership salesmen. No can do on the Lemon thing, in Wisconsin it has to be a new vehicle not used so basicly I'm on my own so in comes plan B and that is no more money into it even if it catches on fire, wait for about 6-9 months and go get me a Subaru Impreza WRX or something close to that. Oh well cant always win at everything right?

Old 10-02-2004, 09:18 PM

After cooling off a little, I tried something to see what would happen. Yesterday as the traffic was slow ,like usual on a friday, I noticed while just driving slow at like idle speed theres somewhat of a shimmy from side to side almost like a lift and shift type feel, Then the next morning I tried it on purpose on my way home and it did the same thing. Could that possibly be caused from say "dead shocks" or a off center rotor?

Quick Reply: This truck is killing my bank roll!!