2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

try and solve this issue! blazer pros?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM
shawnmf is on a distinguished road
Question try and solve this issue! blazer pros?

1999 blazer lt and the abs light is on and when i make a slow speed full turn i loose my brake pedal?? no pressure and goes to the floor? i pump the pedal 2-3 times and good to go! does not happen in normal driving but does happen in a slow speed full turn like in a parking lot! no leaking and fluid full?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

did you check the lines in the front ? have you gotten the abs codes pulled?

Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 PM

Yeah lines are fine checked all that before posting no did not get codes? I am completly stumped!???

Old 04-02-2012, 11:57 AM
mjt
Starting Member
mjt is on a distinguished road

Bad master cylinder would be my guess. Not sure why it only happens when you turn

Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

I had similar issue, no abs light, and not on turns. Just sometimes to the floor. No matter how I bled it, still there. I THINK what fixed it (mostly) was adjusting rear drums. After having a hard time getting them open, things did not line up right inside, around the piston. Not sure if that was cause or effect. Pedal does not go to the floor now, but a little soft sometimes. Probably needs another bleed, as soon as drivetrain is back together.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shawnmf
Yeah lines are fine checked all that before posting no did not get codes? I am completly stumped!???
Did you have the codes checked specifically for ABS or did you go to a place like Autozone to have your CEL scanned? Two totally different tests.

Also, did you check your brake fluid level?

Bad hub bearings could cause the ABS to come on randomly while you're hitting the brakes, may want to check those, as well as the connectors. Sometimes rust gets in there and messes with the connection.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:50 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I`m gonna take a wild guess at this one and say,, Have you checked the pressure valve that is on the front of the brake booster? Check the hose for any dry rotting which may cause air leakage when you take vacuum away from the brakes when turning the truck ( That was a problem my brother had on his toyota p/u.. A lousy pinhole caused all kinds of weird problems in his brakes). If ya want replace that valve in the booster and see what happens, but check the hose that goes to it first. good luck.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM

the po said it was from the lift he put on that the caliper rubs on the new a-arms because the a-arms he changed were supposedly wider? im not familiar with lifts for the blazer as i am a former jeep guy? all i no is when i contacted him about the issue he said the 2" lift he had put on had different a-arms and he said at full lock the caliper hits the a-arm and doesnt let it close?? does this sound right? it sounds fishy to me?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Doesn't make sense. If the caliper wasn't closing you would still have brake pressure and your abs wouldn't be kicking on at all.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM

i thought so...so it is def a legitimate abs issue? ware can i get the abs code read??(and on a side note how can i tell what lift is on it? it has 31's??

Quick Reply: try and solve this issue! blazer pros?