2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

TSB's

Old 02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
clays99blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TSB's

does anyone know where I can get a technical service bulletin in it's complete form? I've tried multiple sites for them and they all just give a summary or make u pay for them. the tsb # is 010856001 for a 99 blazer and has to do with the passlock II system I think it will help my start problem.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Rammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: TSB's

Security Lamp Illuminated on the IP, Engine Stalls, No Start, DTC B2960 (Security System Sensor Data Incorrect But Valid) Set (Inspect and Repair Cause of DTC B2960) #01-08-56-001A - (May 23, 2001)

Security Lamp Illuminated on the IP, Engine Stalls, No Start, DTCB2960 (Security System Sensor Data Incorrect but Valid) Set (Inspect and Repair Cause of DTCB2960)
1998-2001 Chevrolet and GMC S/T Pickup and Utility Models (S10, Sonoma, Blazer, Jimmy)
1998-2001 Oldsmobile Bravada
This bulletin is being revised to add information on inspecting for electrical intermittent conditions and important connector C211 tightening steps. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number01-08-56-001 (Section08 - Body and Accessories).
Condition
Some customers may comment on the following conditions. These symptoms may be intermittent. [*]Security lamp illuminates while driving. The Security lamp may be On or Off.[*]Security lamp is illuminated.[*]The engine cranks but will not start and the Security lamp is flashing.[*]The engine starts then stalls and the Security lamp is flashing.
[ul][/ul]
Cause
Condition(s) may be due to an incorrect Passlockā„¢ sensor voltage (which is intermittent) received by the body control module (BCM) from the Passlockā„¢ sensor due to the following conditions. Most intermittent conditions are caused by faulty electrical connections or wiring.[*]A 7ohm variation in the sensor ground circuit wiring, circuit1057[*]A 100ohm variation in the Passlockā„¢ sensor signal wiring circuit, circuit1836
[ul][/ul]
Inspect for the following items:[*]Broken wiring inside the insulation.[*]A poor connection between the male and female terminal at a connector. Refer to Testing for Proper Terminal Contact under Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems for the specific procedure.[*]A poor terminal to wire connection. Some conditions that fall under this description include poor crimps, poor solder joints, crimping over the wire insulation instead of the wire itself, and corrosion in the wire to terminal contact area.[*]Wire insulation that is rubbed through. This causes an intermittent short as the bare area touches other wiring or parts of the vehicle.[*]A poor connection between the male and female terminal at a connector. This poor connection may be the result of contamination or deformation.[*]Contamination may be caused by the connector halves being improperly connected. A missing or damaged connector seal, damage to the connector itself, or exposing the terminals to moisture and dirt can also cause contamination. Contamination, usually in the underhood or underbody connectors, leads to terminal corrosion, causing an open circuit or intermittently open circuit.[*]Separate the connector halves.[*]Visually inspect the connector halves for contamination. Contamination may result in a white or green build-up within the connector body or between terminals. This causes high terminal resistance, intermittent contact, or an open circuit. An underhood or underbody connector that shows signs of contamination should be replaced in its entirety including the terminals, the seals, and the connector body.
[ul][/ul][*]Deformation is caused by probing the mating surface of a connector terminal without the proper adapter, improperly joining the connector halves, or repeatedly separating and joining the connector halves. Deformation, usually to the female terminal contact tang, can result in poor terminal contact causing an open or intermittently open circuit. Using an equivalent male terminal from the J38125-B, test that the retention force is significantly different between a good terminal and a suspect terminal. Replace the female terminal in question.
[ul][/ul]
[ul][/ul]
Correction
Have any of the following components had service recently?[*]The BCM[*]The ignition lock cylinder case

Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 AM
petermauro is an unknown quantity at this point

Rammer,

How did you get this TSB?
My Chevy dealer refused to give me this one.
Peter

Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Alldatadiy.com has all of the TSBs as well as a wealth of other information. I wouldn't expect the dealer to give up this information. They don't have to, TSBs are places for technicians/mechanics to look for common problems and are not typically offered to the general public.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:43 AM
petermauro is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got it , thank you
Peter