2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

turn signals wont work

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Beginning Member
supermancs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default turn signals wont work

Hi, I have a 1997 Chevy S10 Blazer and all the sudden my turn signals dont come on in my dash or on the outside but when I turn on the hazard light they come on in the dash and on the outside. What could be the problem? How much would it costs to fix?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: turn signals wont work

Do u hear the turn signal flasher clicking under the dash?? Or check the fuses...

Old 03-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Beginning Member

There is no clicking sounds. Where is the fuse box? Sorry I'm not very good with cars.

Mike

Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Old 03-17-2008, 08:11 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

Check the fusses and the flasher relay.

Make sure you are checking the right fusses too. Apparently the trailer turn signal fuses are separateand at the opposite end of the paneland if you don't pay close attention you will waste a couple of hours trying to replace things figuring it out. Can any one guess what I did Sunday? lol

Old 03-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Beginning Member

I checked the fuses and they are all fine. Is the flasher relay behind the glove box?
Do I just remove the bolts from the glove box and remove it? What will I be looking for and how do I know if its good or bad?

Mike

Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

To drop the glove box, open it up. At the top left of the glove box there will be a metal spring loaded clip. Push up on the clip and then pull open the glove box. At this point, the glove box would have already been empty or has emptied itself onto your floor! LOL

Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.

Mike

Old 03-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member

I saw in my glove box it said relay access and I took the cover off. Now I see three little black box or switch. How do I know which one controls the turn signal and once you guys tell me that, how do I know its bad?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-18-2008, 01:48 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: supermancs

I saw in my glove box it said relay access and I took the cover off. Now I see three little black box or switch. How do I know which one controls the turn signal and once you guys tell me that, how do I know its bad?

Thanks,
Mike
I only had one relay behind the glove box for mine, but it should say GM flasher relay and should click loudly and you can feel it click when the turn signal is on. If it's working at all anyway.

Quick Reply: turn signals wont work