2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Urgent help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Beginning Member
Superpoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help needed

So here's the deal, me and some buddies took my 1999 blazer 4x4 apart for an engine swap. It is all back together now but one problem remains. I can't seem to figure out how to hook the 4x4 system back up. I see the two plugs on the 236 transfer case but have no idea where the plugs are. I do have a connector on the driver side firewall that has nothing to plug into and don't know what it is. Is this where a pigtail goes to route wires back to the TC? I have no idea where the pigtail would be if that is indeed where it needs to connect to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Superpoo

Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Beginning Member
Falken is on a distinguished road

If you are talking about electrical plugs, the two electrical plug should go into the encoder motor (an actuator that shifts the transfer case). I hope this helps.

Last edited by Falken; 05-24-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

the connector on the fire wall connects to the vacuum actuator for the front diff

Old 05-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Beginning Member

So where in the blazer does the transfer case plug into? The motor and encoder have nothing plugged into them and i still can't find what plugs into them. No clue why the wiring harness for this is missing, but it is. Can i use the same pigtails off a truck with the 246? Those connectors should be the same right? This is really starting to drive me batty. Where did the harness go if it isn't on the truck? And the plug-in i found isn't directly on the firewall, just close. It pokes out from under the master cylinder and connects to a harness that goes to the computer. It's about two inches long and looks kinda purple on the inside. Still the same one? More help please.

Superpoo

Old 05-25-2012, 01:22 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

maybe you forgot to unplug the harness and when pulling out the engine assy you broke the wires and never notice just a thought, it happens. check your spare parts pile. other than that, cant really help yea out as im not there to have a look. im sure its there somewhere. step back take a break for a bit than go on a hunt.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could I make a suggestion..? How about you take some pictures of the areas/connectors you have questions about and we'll see if we can't help to answer those questions. There seems to be a communication break down here.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to let us know to what extent this vehicle was disassembled. Was the transmission removed? Transfer case as well?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Beginning Member

I'll see what i can do about getting some pictures. My skills with a camera are limited but i will try my best. As far as the extent of the teardown, the engine, tranny and transfer case were all removed. That is why i'm thinking that it is a pigtail missing and the connectors weren't hard wired into the wiring loom. War, i'm pretty sure we didn't break anything major, but it is a real possibility. We may have had a drink or two during the teardown process. Then, of course, trying to get the oil pan to clear the front diff with the tranny and transfer case attached did get us kinda angry. But, if i did tear the wires i should see where it tore in the main wire harness yes? Does it go on the harness for the computer or from the fuse block? I just can't find these silly connectors. And did anyone get my joke? Instead of where in the blazes i put blazer?!?!?! Sorry, just trying to inject some humor so this doesn't drive me totally nuts. Pictures to come soon.

Superpoo

Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Beginning Member

No pictures needed. The purple plug was for the 4x4 wire harness that i got from a 99 blazer. The local pull and pay had just got a 99 blazer and a 2000 trailblazer in. Both of which have the 236. I got the harness installed and the service 4x4 light went off and the lights in the buttons now work. So my next question is this, three connectors went to the transfer case and two still remain unplugged. They are small with just two wires. Any clue what they goto? Thanks for the inputs earlier.

Superpoo

Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

The could possibly be for speed sensors. Again pics would help