2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Vacuum Hose Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
GotYoNacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vacuum Hose Help

My A/C / Heat only blows through the floor and defroster, so I searched and read to start with the vacuum hoses. Well, I did that and see I have a couple hoses I don't know go where.

Pic1
This hose goes down underneath front of the engine. It was connected to the intake, but after looking at the hose diagram, it seems the pvc should plug into the intake (that's the way it is in the picture)

Pic2
The right two parts circled are T'd into the left circle. But neither of the right circles are plugged into anything. The top one was just shoved down behind the AC and the bottom one was just loose underneath the battery.

Attached Thumbnails Vacuum Hose Help-img_0026.jpg   Vacuum Hose Help-img_0027.jpg  
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM

bump

i think the first is just a breather, so it shouldn't be connected to anything, but i'm still at a loss at what the other hoses are for.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
65longroof is an unknown quantity at this point

I just fixed this same problem with my 95. I will take some pics tomorrow. But lets see if I can describe how they are....Off of the back of the intake it goes over the brake booster into a "T" fitting from here it will branch out to three places, the vac ball mounted on the hood, the vac line going into the dash and back around the engine to another "T" that branches to the front axel actuator and to what I think is the switch for the 4-wheel drive light on the console. Like I said I will take some pics and or try to draw something up. I also had to flush all of the lines with Simple Green and replace the vac switch on the T-case, the control switch on the dash and the vac actuator that is next to the defrost vent.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Not the best pic but I can't get the my other pic to upload.....I'll see what I can do....might have to draw it myself

Attached Thumbnails Vacuum Hose Help-249564_heater_vacuum_1.jpg  
Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 PM

Ok...try this one on for size. This is exactaly how my 95s vac lines run

Attached Thumbnails Vacuum Hose Help-95-blazer-hvac-vac-diagram.jpg  
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

first one is definatly a breather I have a 95 and the only other one i see runs to a switch located behind the battery hope that helps

Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 PM

Yes the first is a breather for sure...just missing the vent cap

Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM

65longroof sir, you are my hero. thank you so much

Old 05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
bugi_ftw is on a distinguished road
Default Help with vacuum lines

I just got a 95 blazer and I am trying to diagnose why I have no A/C. When I pulled the controls out that are inside the truck, all the vacuum lines are cut, how can I reattach them? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:43 PM

No problem I'm glad I could help.

If they are cut you have a couple of options, 1) Go your local junk yard and get that section out of another truck, it is only about 8 inches long then there is a connector. 2) you may be able to push them back into the control switch. 3) use small heat shrink tubing to reconnect the ends.
When I had to fix mine I got an extra from the local yard and used heat shrink tubing to hold them together, there isn't a lot of vacuum so you can get away with it. I may have a pic that shows my lines I'll look.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Vacuum Hose Help