2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What is this part number?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is this part number?

It started to literally crumble apart! I need to know what the part number of the OEM remote filter adapter is, please! I have searched my brains out, lol.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I never was able to find this in the past.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I never was able to find this in the past.
What does this mean? Is this one of those "black" parts, you know the ones that dont exist! lol

so info I have uncovered:

I believe its called "oil filter adapter"

and these may or may not be the part num?

GM #10236272
New GM #12550118

this is what I'm trying to confirm.

if this is even for the right engine?

Old 03-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

10236272 shows as being the filter adapter for HD oil cooling for 4wd 95-2005 so that looks to be good. The other one shows as being superceded by 88894100 and pulls up as a 2wd filter adapter with HD cooling.

I am saying that whenever I had looked for this PN in the past, I was unsuccessful in finding it was. My references do not contain a PN for this part as it is not a normally replaced part.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
...as it is not a normally replaced part.
I would totally agree, thing is I was poking around under there because im mounting my trans filter next to it. and the aluminum looked all wierd, so I touched it with my finger...

The darn bracket crumbled like a cookie? I dont know how much of it is like that, and frankly I dont want to find out! I just want to replace it ASAP! I need to replace the oil lines as well because both are leaking. somethin else is leaking oil too but i gota stop one leak to find the next, lol.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Administrator

That is strange that yours is falling apart. My old bravada went through 9 NY winters with all of the salt and junk they use on the road and withstood crushing a dog at 55MPH one afternoon. Bent the heck out of the bracket it was mounted to, but did not break the housing.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:22 PM

You can see where its flaking at the bolt!

Here you can see that its cracked a good way up the base. ( look between the bolt and the yellow sticker! )

Is this a safe part to get from a yard?

I am gettin my truck towed 50 miles to get the trans rebuilt, but i dont want to drive it home afterwards like this. I am officially scared! am I paranoid?

Old 03-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator

I cannot see the crack you are talking about. I only see casting flash in the 2nd picture.

This can be expected it to be given the material incompatibility that exists between steel and aluminum. I expected mine to be this way as I have seen quite a few that are like that on that mounting ear, but it was not. I think you may find many of them with this problem. As long as it is secure, I would not worry about it.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:24 AM

In the second pic it is not casting flash, it is infact a gnarly crack! With as crumbly as it is i dont want to poke at it, i dont understand why its not spewing forth from the crack!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Can you circle the crack and maybe get a better picture of it?

Quick Reply: What is this part number?