2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

what are symtoms of a bad egr valve ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 12:52 AM
vmx120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: what are symtoms of a bad egr valve ?

YZF. had the same thing on my blazer and messed around way too much with all those sensors and stuff. Take Kyles advise and pull the plenum first and take a look at the CPI fuel lines. I say this also because when I pulled mine there was a crap load of carbon in the ERG passage as well that could have broke loose and plugged up the EGR valve again. Don't know much about your particular year Blazer but it only took me about fifteen or twenty minutes to pull the plenum off mine. As soon as I did I saw the pool of gas and I had a small leaking in the CPI feed line, fixed it and it runs like a champ now. Its also, on mine anyway, easier to take off the egr with the plenum off.

Good luck
Geoff

Old 09-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Where about's in NY are you located? If you are close by, I could stop in (or you could stop by my place - even better idea...lol) and I could hook up my fuel pressure gauge and my AutoTap to see what could be the problem. I can diagnose a leaky CPI unit without pulling the plenum.

VMX, the plenum on the newer vortec engines is a bit more difficult than on your motor. It's plastic and has much more crap around and on it.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
yzf125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am from Utica New York , about 3 hours east of you, So sure you can stop by if you like

Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
antsnake is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 94 S10 Blazer that recently needed a new pressure regulator (obviously gas in oil) and ran great for three months. Suddenly code 32 EGR error(ran extremely rough at idle..like bad vaccum leak)....spent the $175 at AZone, put on and problem fixed. Easy job...approx 45 mins total.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:06 AM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok a dafty online here with major cash put in to my crap running '95(all sensors,plugs,rotor egr replaced) BUT

what&exactly where is this plenum you speak of located? is it the piece where the EGR bolts onto?What is this spider thing supposed to look like?i'm so fed up with my still new looking blazer..kicks'n'farts throughout entire driving range..ugg

Old 06-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... antsnake brought back a thread from the grave!!

blzR, please run a search for 'CPI' or 'spider' and you should find more than enough pictures... We even have a HOW-TO on replacing the CPI spider! Good luck

Old 06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

ExcellENTO Swartlkk!! didn't think of doing search,i betting this may help out a lot!