2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Beginning Member
Cassera is on a distinguished road
Default Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics

I have a 96 blazer. 4.3 vortec v6

Ok, I attached the vacuum hose that you see in pic 1 to a different source of vacuum and I finally got heat through my dash vents (instead of just on my feet and at the window defroster) but that was just a test.

Look at the first pic in the attached files....Anybody know where that hose connects to?

Now look at the second attachment of the same hose but just a little further down the hose you see a T- Fitting. Anybody knows where that is supposed to go?

I appreciate all the help greatly!

Let me know if you need more pics of anything

Attached Thumbnails Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics-2010-09-15t16-47-11.jpeg   Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics-2010-09-15t16-48-10.jpeg  
Old 09-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Beginning Member

Is this how it goes??!!??

Look at the attachment pic

Attached Thumbnails Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics-2010-09-15t16-47-11.jpeg  
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking that it goes to the vacuum ball that should be attached to the under side of the hood. Jerry

Old 09-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Beginning Member

If I connect it the way I am trying to explain, than that means the random hose that isnt connected to anything will actually lead to the vacuum ball seeing as that T connector in the top left of the pic runs to the vacuum ball.

The attachment I posted in this post will clear any confusion (the hoses and t fittings are labeled with alphabets)

Look at the pic and you'll know what im talking about

Now....is this the way that it is supposed to be? or am i just going to go crazy trying to find where that hose connects to?

Any input is greatly appreciated and im sure will help other newbies in the future

Attached Thumbnails Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Cassera; 09-16-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Beginning Member
dg98adams is on a distinguished road

I believe it connects to the T. Mine broke, and the lower hose disappeared. I lost the heater vac control like you said.

I found the hose laying under the abs module.

I replaced the T, and used a zip tie to connect all 3 lines, so it would not happen accidentally again.

I need to replace the air pump vac. hose, as it appears the vac. lines have deteriorated.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by dg98adams
I believe it connects to the T. Mine broke, and the lower hose disappeared. I lost the heater vac control like you said.

I found the hose laying under the abs module.

I replaced the T, and used a zip tie to connect all 3 lines, so it would not happen accidentally again.

I need to replace the air pump vac. hose, as it appears the vac. lines have deteriorated.
Can anybody else vouch for this? Im sorry, I just want to make sure.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Beginning Member

Bumpppp...

Im desperate

Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Beginning Member
Default Can anybody take a picture for me??

Does anybody have a 2nd gen blazer (has to be 1995 -1999 due to the hvac vacuum ball being attached to the hood instead of inside the fender) that could take some pictures of the vacuum ball thats attached to the hood and the lines that run off of it. Just the right side of under the hood, it doesn't have to be a pic of the lines that run all the way to the left side of the car. Just specifically the t-connector that connects a couple of hoses not too far from the vacuum ball.

The problem I am having is I am only blowing air through the top and bottom vents due to a vacuum hose that isn't connected to anything. It just so happens that this vacuum hose that doesn't connect to anything is located pretty close to the vacuum ball and comes from the firewall. But the problem is I cant figure out where the hose connects to seeing as everything else looks like it connected properly to the vacuum ball.

Some pictures would be great!

Attached to this pose is a picture of the hose I am talking about.

If you also look to the upper middle/left of the picture you will see 2 hoses connected to a t fitting and a partial view of the third hose that runs to the vacuum ball.

Please help me out guys
I posted before but nobody really gave an answer as to where this mysterious hose is supposed to go.

Attached Thumbnails Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics-pic-2.jpeg  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

one thought..go to a shopping center, grocery store, church-you get it and find one to look at with your own eyes. If you were near by (up state NY) you could look at one of mine but to describe the the upper hose connects to the left one-that's kinda tough but...who knows-maybe do-able. Just a thought. A junk yard that had one that wasn't picked thru yet. The classifieds-one for sale and just look at it. Good luck. Jerry

Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Combining two related threads*

Quick Reply: Where does this Vacuum Hose go? Pics