2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Who wants to play mechanic today :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 06:40 AM
kaindragoon36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who wants to play mechanic today :)

Yeppers,

I was all excited about my new '97 Blazer 4x4 dr, then I took it in to change the oil. Well, all the problems I've been reading about Blazers have been comin true. I've got the muddy radiator, I've got the leaky oil cooler lines. And to top it all off, I have a leak in my front crankshaft seal, or somewhere in that area, 2 bad windshield wiper fluid pumps, which I replaced today, only to find out that the hose in the tailgate popped off INSIDE the tailgate...so I have to find some 7mm sockets to take the inner panel off to get it and hook it back up. I've got a radiator flush left, and the crankshaft seal to do.

And on top of all that, the left wiper arm was loose. And some dumbass put a piece of chewing gum foil under it to make it catch better instead of just torquing it back down....idiots.

So I bought myself into a lot of new mechanic stuff experience. Glad I have a buddy who's good at this stuff and willing to show me how to do things...

Old 03-26-2006, 11:29 AM
tomsblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Who wants to play mechanic today :)

Sorry to hear your truck had a lazy/dishonest/ignorant previous owner.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:24 PM

Well, it's actually a lot of good experience for me to learn about this mechanic stuff. It WILL be a damn hot blazer when I'm done

Old 03-27-2006, 02:53 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your learning and enjoy it.

now come fix my rear windshield leaky hose, and replace all three of my wiper blades while your at it. Then when your done with that, fix my leaky oil hoses.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM

LOL. I still gotta do my oil hoses! And flush my radiator. Darn hobby shop closed early...erm...wait...i got up late! That's what it was.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

lol

What is a hobby shop?

Old 03-28-2006, 06:37 PM

In the military, we have "Auto hobby shop" in other words, a place to rent a stall, and free use of tools for all. Easy way to go instead of forkin over a few grand for tools. Spend 8 bucks for 2 hours and use someone elses tools, and get a lift too! Oil disposal, coolant disposal, and reduced price parts!

I love it, and they have techs on hand if you ever get lost or need help. I think I paid 60 bucks total to do 4 brakes, lathe all the rotors, all associated parts, and changing the oil.

Paid another 8 bucks last weekend to do all this work. Gonna pay another 8 bucks this weekend to change the oil in the differentials, flush the radiator, put green coolant in. Maybe change the spark plugs and wires too.

Oh yeah, found a place to fab my new steel braided oil lines too! bout 60 bucks, but they aren't gonna leak again

Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
frankjc is an unknown quantity at this point

Good deal Kain.
I am lucky enough to have access to a shop, and lift too. I work in a dealership in the parts department and often use the shop after I get off work, and believe me, it comes in HANDY.
Tonight, for example after I got off work I brought my Blazer in and did the front brakes, and passenger side hub and bearing assembly.....and luckilly, there are always techs to back me up if I get stuck.