2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Starting Member
wagnon2147 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help!!!!

I have a 98 chevy blazer the ac stopped working and the heater stopped working and in the dash there is a clicking sound so i took out the ac fuse in the fuse compartment by the driver side door and it stopped. What could cause the noise and why is it not switching over to heat or ac i'm about to move to colorado? Pleessseee help on another note the 4x4 is not working it got stuck in 4w lo and i took off the shift motor and replaced it along with the tccm and still nothing i manually switched it over to 2w again but every time i hit the switch the light just blinks and the light goes right back to 2w i'm lost.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wagnon2147
I have a 98 chevy blazer the ac stopped working and the heater stopped working and in the dash there is a clicking sound so i took out the ac fuse in the fuse compartment by the driver side door and it stopped. What could cause the noise and why is it not switching over to heat or ac i'm about to move to colorado?
Please tell us everything that does and does not work in your heater system. Does blower work?
Can you change vents. Did the compressor clutch engage?

I THINK your blend door actuator broke.. common failure and causes 'clicking' but why guess at it!

Pleessseee help on another note the 4x4 is not working it got stuck in 4w lo and i took off the shift motor and replaced it along with the tccm and still nothing i manually switched it over to 2w again but every time i hit the switch the light just blinks and the light goes right back to 2w i'm lost.
Is there ANYTHING else in your truck that doesnt seem to work quite right? Even if you dont think it's related, it could be important.