2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Why is my floor soaked?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Beginning Member
CarThrower is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Why is my floor soaked?!

I was just vacuuming out my interior a moment ago and noticed my passenger side flooring in the front is completely soaked with water. (I know it's water because I patted it with paper towel and it came off clean and it didn't have a scent.) It's just a big puddle on my carpeting. Nothing else is wet anywhere and I didn't see any signs of dried up water stains. I know it's not from any ones shoes because the snow is all melted and dried up here in MI. (Plus, I haven't had a passenger since last weekend.)

My moms Jimmy has the same problem except hers is on the drivers side and hers has been going on longer than mine has.

Any idea what this may be??

Old 03-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This could be caused by a plugged HVAC drain. The drain is located on the engine side of the firewall at the lowest point in the HVAC housing directly above the passenger side frame rail.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Beginning Member

How do I find it? I'm not 100% sure what the things look like. I'm kind of a newb. My dad said I could look in the repair manual, but I don't have one.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A good place to start is under the truck. A mechanics mirror and flash light will help.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Beginning Member

Sweet. Thanks! I appreciate your help.
Will it be easy to spot?

Old 03-20-2011, 12:28 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Another thought would be do either of your truck have a sun roof? It could be clogged drains for the roof.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Beginning Member

Neither of them have sunroofs.. But I'm going to take Swartlkk's advice. I'm going to take a look underneath my truck tomorrow when it's daylight. I'm hoping I can spot the problem (whatever it may be) and get it fixed as soon as possible.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Another possibility is a faulty windshield seal.

The HVAC would only be on the passenger side.

I missed where this was originally so I'm going to move it into one of the tech sections.
*Moved to 2nd Gen Tech*

Old 03-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Beginning Member

I hope it's not the windshield.. The original was busted and I went through 4 windshields before the darn glass company gave me one that wasn't all distorted. I almost had to take them to court for refusing to give me a good quality windshield. They were jerks.

How do I tell if it's the windshield?

Old 03-20-2011, 04:59 PM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

Check the pins and bushings in the door hinges. If the bushings are busted, the doot won't seal properly and water will leak in. I've done my drivers side twice and about to do the passenger side soon.

Quick Reply: Why is my floor soaked?!