2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

window wiper destroyed everything

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default window wiper destroyed everything

Update: What can keep the engine from starting if the fuelpump is running and der is spark ?

Driving down the road i turn on the back window wiper, when it dident wipe i turn it on again and left it on, 5 sec after the car died and could not start again.

The wiper had caught the joints between window and rear door and then the wipermotor used alot of amp and something broke

It is probably a wire there allso feeds something else there burned over or the wiper wire burned over and touch some importen wire.

It smelled burned near the fusebox inside but no fuse where broke there or in engineroom.

The car is parked near a traffic light in the city so i would love to now where to look or what to look after and if anybody in here have any wild idea i would be very grateful, please please use 2 minutes and drop your thoughts

Ill give a night in town next time you are in Denmark

Last edited by Rider; 03-19-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
spittybays

There are some fusable links on the "port" side, i think, around the top of the wheel well inside the "engineroom". I'm not sure how many there are, can't remember. They will be heavy red wires with like a three inch section of what looks like black shrink tube then I think to brown wire. When you say you smelled burning electrical fusable link is what comes to mind however I have not had one go since many cars past. Good luck, search around this site for exactly were they are.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Chevrolet Blazer 1998 v6 4x4 zr2

I have now torn the dash apart and looked around with out finding any burned wires or circuit boards.
I have allso measured all fuse and relays in engineroom and behind the door and all worked fine.

I suspect the ignition switch but dont now what voltage there need to be where and when and Haynes/Google dident help.

Can you help me with what current there need to be in what color when off, ignition, on ?
And do you have any other ideas ?

I live far out on the country and havent been appel to go anywhere for 3 weeks so i would be very grateful for any help

Last edited by Rider; 03-16-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM
spittybays

| Repair Guides | Wiring Diagrams | Wiring Diagrams | AutoZone.com This might be a good place to start as you get deeper into there stuff they have lot's more.........feel your pain

Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Two diagrams and a thread that may help

https://blazerforum.com/forum/articl...-switch-33465/

Attached Thumbnails window wiper destroyed everything-pwr_ignsw_run_start_buss.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Can see i forgot to mention the rear window wiper still works, strange...

Anyway, i took a look at the ignition switch and it looked fine and there where current true to all wires so iam now back on zero.
Unless it dont turn on all the right wires when in "start" ?

Acc : 1 - 3 - 5 6
Lock: 1 - - - 5 6
Off : 1 - - - 5 6 - 8
Run : 1 2 3 4 5 6 - 8
Start:1 - - 4 5 6 7 8

Video:
Chevrolet Blazer ignition - YouTube

Checklist until now:
Fuses
Relays
Most wires inside
Circuit board inside on floor
Spark
Fuelpump running
Ignition switch

Old 03-18-2012, 02:21 AM

With security on the engine starts for a second and then dies, is there anything else there can "kill" the engine if there is fuel and spark ?

Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM

Still trapped at home, anyone have a idea for what to check next because iam out
See video above for symptoms....

Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 PM
spittybays

Pull a spark plug and see if its wet. Can you get a code reader from anyone?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rider
With security on the engine starts for a second and then dies, is there anything else there can "kill" the engine if there is fuel and spark ?
If the "security" light in the instrument panel is "on" when you start the engine, and then the engine stalls, the Pass lock system "thinks" the vehicle is being stolen, and the computer turns off the injectors. Is this what is happening to your vehicle?

Quick Reply: window wiper destroyed everything