2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Wiring Harness for Trailer??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
trapper_canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wiring Harness for Trailer??

I have a new '05 Jimmy/Blazer ... It came with the Towing Package. Does anyone know if I have to wire in my own harness or what? I found the connector at the back that I 'thought' I could but a wiring T-connector...but can't find one for the new Blazers. There also seems to be another set of wires that are taped together but don't go anywhere...this 'could' be for a trailer wiring system...but then why not have a bloody plug on it?

Thoughts?

Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Wiring Harness for Trailer??

That taped up set of wires is what you need to wire your plug into. I'm not sure what wire goes to what (it's been awhile since I put my 7 pin plug on)... If it's an '05, check with the dealership and see how much it would cost to have them put it on. At the very least, they should be able to get a wire color chart for you. I'm not sure if a Haynes/Chiltons manual would have what you need in it either. If you wanted to do it yourself, you really should solder & heat shrink the wires up. I did mine that way and there will never be a problem with corroded connections with soldering and heat shrink.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:20 AM

thanks!

Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Read the owners manual. It will have a wire color chart for the trailer wiring, plus it tells you where to find the harness or wires to splice onto.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

HAHAHA!!! LOL That's too funny. I knew it was someplace simple that I found the wiring diagram, but I just couldn't remember. Damn do I feel stupid. I just put the darn thing on about 2 months ago... Yup, sure is in the owners manual! You should be able to grab a dual 4pin & 7pin plug from autozone or advanced auto for like ~$25 (something like that). It's really nice if you are going to be towing anything with a brake system. as well as stuff with just lights.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:33 PM

Good idea!