2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

wiring issues... or main door harness issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 PM
daemeon2 is on a distinguished road
Question wiring issues... or main door harness issues

Hello everyone. I got a delima and a half on my hands. I got a 95 s10 ext cab 2dr project truck. I installed 98 blazer front doors with 98 door wiring on them. Why? I wanted power everything on the doors. I also snagged up the entire door wiring harness from a 97 blazer. (this the problem..I think) The door harness from the 97 blazer will connect up to the 98 left and right doors BUT for the life of me, I cant get the mirrors to work right, or the heated part of the mirrors to work. The door locks run backwards (unlock is lock and visa-versa)

My original plan was to wire this deal into the main interior harness(inside along firewall).., but after I saw the massive amount of wires needed to be wired.., I changed that Idea quickly and went with the stand alone wiring of them to an underhood relay box I got off another vehicle. I also bought both of the original GM service manuals(95 s-t series trucks-main and final edition) and used them to get me to this point so far.

The problem: I believe that GM changed the pin-outs of the door lock and mirror connector blocks( one big connector block) from a 97 to a 98 blazer. I know that they still used the same connector blocks for the windows, locks, and mirrors thru 95 to 98 blazers and up. All I can see is that they must have changed the locations of the wires and some of the colors of the wires in the mirror connector blocks. I am also changing/removing the blazer back door wires from the 97 left frnt door and main door-2-door harness as well to make it like a s-10. I am in need of pin-outs and color codes of all the connector blocks on a 98 blazer with power everything on the doors -OF- the main door-2-door harness as well as the actual both door harness theirselves plus connector pin-outs. This way I can figure out wtf the gm wiring desiners did to create this wiring nightmare I am in. lol ! (if this is complicated of the way it was written out.., just yell at my C.O.D. mental issues.)

Also I bought a d/s door switch panel out of a 99 s-10 xtreme p/u. It has the mirrors and both window switches on it. Nothing else on it compares to the blazer door switch panel. It plugs into the 98 r/frt door harness
BUT comparing it to the blazer switch panel, they're are alot of pins missing and one whole switch is missing(window lockout) and two extra window buttons. (both rear windows) I got the rear window wiring figured out..(lt grn+drk grn+purple wiring), Its just on the door lock connectors and the mirror connectors to the actual switch that are giving me issues.

Laslty.., I got every diagram that I could dig up from GM on 95 thru 99 s-t trucks on the inet, or buy, or scan from gm dealership. (1.7 gigs of info)
I got tons of pin-outs in the 95 gm s-t trucks service manuals. I, personally, have as of yet to find any of the pin-outs pics on a 96 thru 99 s-t/blazer of the connector blocks. (I know b4 u say it.., some of the same connectors are used in the 98 and up as on a 95 s-10 or blazer) Any pic of the years would be greatly appreciated. ( I got about 20+ pics of 95 and up pin-outs on my picassa space.., none have been able to explain or show the pin-out of a main door-2-door harness on a 4-dr 98 blazer.)
Any pics would be most helpful.

If you can help me decode all this wiring disaster, I bow b4 u. You are Da BoMb!!

Thanks for your time in reading this and sorry it so looooooonnnnng . =(

l8taz,
Allen

P.S. If you want to see some small amount of the pin-outs I got and the project itself.., go here.
Some of the diagrams there came from blazer forums here and credits go out to those for the posting of them. Much Thanks.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
rrm40 is on a distinguished road

I am having problems with window and door lock switches if anyone can help with the color codes and arrangment in the conectors please contact me i am at wits end. Thanks