2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Zr2 4.3 4l60E bucked like a standard when I shut it off

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member
Anthony Shafer is on a distinguished road
Default Zr2 4.3 4l60E bucked like a standard when I shut it off

Ok here's a new one! I've never heard of with an automatic transmission! I messed around with a few things on my rig earlier today and at one point when I shut it off it surged forward like a standard would if you tried starting it in gear! It was in park when this happened! Only did it once.any ideas? Could this be part of the problem I'm having with it bogging down?

Old 03-27-2019, 06:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bulletin No.: 08-07-30-026

Date: May 22, 2008

Subject:
Information on Slight Vehicle Movement In Park At Start Up After Cold Soak

Models:
2009 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (including Saturn)
2009 and Prior HUMMER H2, H3
2009 and Prior Saab 9-7X

with Automatic Transmission

Some vehicles may rock or move slightly forward or rearward while in park at start up after cold soak. This condition may be accompanied by a clunk noise. This is a slight movement that is more often seen visually, rather than felt, when viewed from the outside and using the auto-start feature, if equipped.

This slight movement is due to the residual transmission fluid in the clutch packs that creates a partial apply on start up. This movement is stopped by the parking pawl and/or transmission fluid exhausting completely from the clutch packs.

This slight movement has no adverse affects on the transmission and no repair should be attempted. This condition is normal. This can be verified by comparing with another identically built vehicle under the same cold conditions.

To prevent this condition from occurring, the parking brake should be utilized as per the Owners Manual recommendations anytime the vehicle is parked

Doubtful this has anything to do with your 3k bog.

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech* - Please read the forum sections and choose the section most appropriate for the context of your post. The General Chat section is not meant for technical/problem discussions. Also, Please do not double post or cross post your questions in multiple threads as this violates the rules of the forum.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member
Anthony Shafer is on a distinguished road
Default It wasn't cold

It wasn't cold and wasn't at startup! It was at normal running temp and was apon shutdown! It was in park and LUNGED forward. Not just a normal slight movement. Literally pushed past the park pin causing it to click several times. I love my original blazer but this thing is driving me nuts! It finally started throwing a check engine light so I plugged my scanner into it and now it won't even read! Says it has no connection! I'm about ready to crush this thing and buy a Ford
Originally Posted by swartlkk

Doubtful this has anything to do with your 3k bog.

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech* - Please read the forum sections and choose the section most appropriate for the context of your post. The General Chat section is not meant for technical/problem discussions. Also, Please do not double post or cross post your questions in multiple threads as this violates the rules of the forum.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could be a cross-feed issue inside the trans. It is possible you have a cracked input housing or a cracked forward piston. If this is causing the forward clutches to be stuck together, it could potentially cause a bog at a specific speed / engine load. If 4wd, you could try running it in 4LO to see if the bog happens at the same engine RPM or if it happens at a specific speed as suggested in your other thread...