2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ZR2 Lower control Arm question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Beginning Member
Nilism is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=2004 Blazer;693741]
Originally Posted by Nilism
On-board just means directly adjacent to, or in-line with.

I think you meant to use "inboard" : located nearer the longitudinal axis or center
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/inboard?s=ts

The part description uses the term "Outboard"
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/outboard

Either way, the pictures I provided are outboard mounting... lol let's not get too far off topic. =p

Old 08-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Starting Member
man0steel is on a distinguished road

This is the one at Rock Auto W/O ZR2, but has the correct bracket in the right place. Part#45D10049

This one is listed for ZR2, but has the wrong bracket in the wrong place. Part# 45D3317

Looks like they still have not fixed the description and/or picture.......buyer beware

Last edited by man0steel; 08-06-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by man0steel
This is the one at Rock Auto W/O ZR2, but has the correct bracket in the right place. Part#45D10049

This one is listed for ZR2, but has the wrong bracket in the wrong place. Part# 45D3317

Looks like they still have not fixed the description and/or picture.......buyer beware

If you look closely at the pictures you can see that the bottom picture of the A-arm shows mounting points for the sway bar end link are farther outbound and higher elevation than the upper picture of a stock "LS" type Blazer or S10 pickup truck. The bottom is a picture of a correct ZR2 A -arm. I think the upper A-arm is the same for both models with the ZR2 having different mounting points to the frame for the A-arm that position it farther outbound.[ EDIT: [b]Just like the lower A-arms ] Are you sure you don't have a ford 8.8 rear axle under the truck ? http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...lorer8_8.shtml

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 08-06-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Starting Member

I'm afraid you are mistaken my friend, the lower pic is the LS arm. It has the wrong sway bar bracket and in the wrong location. Guys who have purchased this arm for the ZR2 have had problems with the tab breaking away. The LS and ZR2 use completely different brackets. I have contacted and verified this thru Delphi who makes these for moog and delco. Even after confirming the description/picture is wrong, if you buy the one listed for the LS that fits the ZR2 and you have a problem with it they will not warranty. You are correct about the uppers. My S-10 pickup does have a ford traction lock under the back and a 350 up front.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Starting Member

I'm afraid you are mistaken my friend, the lower pic is the LS arm. It has the wrong sway bar bracket and in the wrong location. Guys who have purchased this arm for the ZR2 have had problems with the tab breaking away. The LS and ZR2 use completely different brackets.( AS PICTURED ) I have contacted and verified this thru Delphi who makes these for moog and delco. Even after confirming the description/picture is wrong, if you buy the one listed for the LS that fits the ZR2 and you have a problem with it they will not warranty. . My S-10 pickup does have a ford traction lock under the back and a 350 up front.
You are either blind, unknowledgeable, or incredibly obtuse ! The part # may be wrong or mis-boxed/mislabled but, THE PICTURE IS NOT ! GO TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICTURES PROVIDED OF THE BLAZER IN QUESTION THEN ! The stock NON-ZR2 one THAT has a NON GM rear axle as the purchaser was told it was NOT a ZR2 ! ! [You are correct about the uppers] & the lowers !!!!!

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 08-06-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Starting Member

rock auto listing
ACDELCO 45D10049 Professional; Complete Arm w/ Ball Joint Info
Front Left Lower; 4WD; without High Rider Package (ZR2); Sway Bar Link Mounts Outboard of Shock (Only 1 Remaining)

rock auto picture

Even a blind person like me can tell the sway bar link is FORWARD of the shock and not outboard of the shock like the description indicates.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Starting Member

rock auto listing
ACDELCO 45D10049 Professional; Complete Arm w/ Ball Joint Info
Front Left Lower; 4WD; without High Rider Package (ZR2); Sway Bar Link Mounts Outboard of Shock (Only 1 Remaining)

rock auto picture

Even a blind person like me can tell the sway bar link is FORWARD of the shock and not outboard of the shock like the description indicates.
Wrong picture, this one is below the shock mount the other is outboard of the shock mount . You are digging yourself in deeper and making a Fool of yourself.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Starting Member

There is no below, only forward of and outboard of. Regardless of the picture or description the lower picture is for the ZR2.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:19 PM
Starting Member

there is no below, only forward of and outboard of. Regardless of the picture or description the lower picture is for the zr2.
The sway bar mounts forward ( towards the front ) of the shock on both. You are looking at the bottom of one and the top of the other ! The Bottom photo is of a stock 4x4 Blazer/Non ZR2

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 08-07-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Starting Member

Here is another view for you to look at.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...ignment-95842/

The sway bar link is located closer to the ball joint on the LS referred to as outboard of the shock. The sway bar link is located further from the ball joint on the ZR2 referred to as forward of the shock. This makes sense because both use the same sway bar and the ZR2 arms are positioned more outboard/further out than the LS. So the sway bar links are placed in different locations on the arm so they can utilize the same sway bar. Do I agree with the way they describe the sway bar links.....NO.

Quick Reply: ZR2 Lower control Arm question