Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   01 Blazer has weak air flow from heater, new blower motor, new control module (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/01-blazer-has-weak-air-flow-heater-new-blower-motor-new-control-module-87292/)

unpredictable1 10-25-2015 05:47 PM

The blower motor is a new AC delco one, seemed fine with no issue with the wheel attached.

The air ducts are clean, I used my endoscope camera to poke around in the vent openings.

The heater core and evap fins are completely un-obstructed. Actually really clean in there.

If I select Defrost, if I recall noting comes out of the floor vents.

I need to measure the vacuum I think. The actuator near the driver foot is a new AC delco unit.

The actuator behind the glove box doesn't move at all, and I can't find my old videos that showed if it ever worked or not. When I had it out I pushed the arm in and placed my finger over the vacuum hole and it held position without issue.

unpredictable1 10-25-2015 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aeromaster (Post 656242)
Been following your posts for a while and had suggested to check for a broken blend door a while back. I have since fixed mine and have warm air to the floor again.
What caught my eye was that you have gone to the actuator (under the battery) to engage the front differential for 4x4 operation. The switch with the vac hoses relieves pressure in the actuator so the differential will dissengage. If the hoses are reversed vacuum wont vent and the differential may not disengage.

Yeah, I'm pretty much checking every vacuum line.

4x4 works flawlessly, and I just did the transfer case fluid and there wasn't any transmission fluid mixed in from what I can tell. I opened the fill plug first and only a tiny bit came out. (my garage has a slight grade to it for water drain off.)

unpredictable1 11-29-2015 01:16 PM

Can someone tell me where to look for the source line that feeds the driver fender actuator? The hose going into it was always secure and it has no cracks in it.

Really seems my issue is vacuum related.

In the driver foot well where the vacuum line comes in there's an elbow style fitting that I think has a spring in it which then leads to the vacuum junction (not sure what it's called)

This fitting had some black electrical tape on it - almost as if the previous owner was trying to fix this issue.

Anyways - any help is appreciated.

2004 Blazer 01-06-2016 05:57 PM

Did you ever figure out the culprit ? This is my first winter with the Blazer and I have similar problems and no 4x4 engagement.I got this about when you posted ! I am in the process of replacing all the vacume lines,after having replaced the Transfer case switch several months ago,and I thought I fixed the 4x4 prob.,but I haven't found the cause for my malfunction yet either. I am also convinced it is HVAC related since I cannot direct flow from the dash to the lower heat outlet. I think I may have fluid contamination in the lines etc. from an overfilled system 6/15. Those lines are difficult to trace !

Mrmoore 01-10-2016 10:22 AM

I had same issue. I removed the motor relay, [under hood] Using air hose blower, [modified] blew out lots of crud. Kinda like blowing out air filter. volume increase