Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   1995 Chev Blazer Fuel smell bad. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/1995-chev-blazer-fuel-smell-bad-55853/)

insanefirewall 02-25-2011 03:37 PM

1995 Chev Blazer Fuel smell bad.

ok . when i start the engine up i smell fuel bad. There is no leak, i checked all around the vehical and under the hood.. no drips etc. But when i put my had over the tail pipe while idling its a very bad fuel smell.

like its pumping too much fuel... any suggestions?

Thanks

BLAZERMAN911 02-25-2011 03:48 PM

is it running bad?

insanefirewall 02-26-2011 03:46 AM

Ir runs good first gear auto trans is slu
gish unless I press the throttle good, idle is good most of the time engine starts to shake at times never under 500 rpms

BLAZERMAN911 02-26-2011 01:22 PM

i bet that more and likely your regulator is leaking on the spider injector. u can pull off the vortec cover on top of intake and in the middle there is a 2 wire plug. unplug it and remove the two screws that u see right there on top of the sensor. when u remove the 2 screws u can grab ahold of sensor and slowly work it back and fourth and up till it comes out. its real easy. once u got that out u can get a flashlight and look down in the intake. the regulator will be on passenger side and thats more and likely your problem. if u see any fuel in their then u got a leak. when u look down in their both sides should be carboned up black. or u can just pull the upper plenum off to get better look to see if u got gas stainding in the bottom. its not a hard job either. you can have it off in about 30 to 50 mins tops. i was having the same problems with mine too. do u have a check engine light on? and whats the codes ur getting?

insanefirewall 02-27-2011 12:12 PM

oh yes check engine light is on has been since i bought it. Bought around ( begining of march 2010 ) but at 173,000 miles i know it probebly has a few probs. trying to get these few ones fixed. Ihavent taken it to autozone, or a shop to code it yet. the autozone around here it seems like they always hate it when people need them to hook up. or test the battery or whatnot. I like advanced auto they are always happy to help.

But yes i will check that out this week. and see whats up. Theres no oil drips or any drips for that matter around the vehical.

Thanks guys will report back.

BLAZERMAN911 02-28-2011 02:36 PM

ya get them codes for us and let me know what u see down there.

insanefirewall 03-01-2011 05:08 PM

Ok pulled the Trouble code today,

P0300:
Random Misfire

A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
  • Faulty spark plugs or wires
  • Faulty coil (pack)
  • Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
  • Faulty fuel injector(s)
  • Burned exhaust valve
  • Faulty catalytic converter(s)
  • Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
  • Faulty camshaft position sensor
  • Defective computer
Also i was told that My truck dont have a camshaft Position Sensor, the distributer controls that?
Doesnt explain the fuel smell, but i will look into that this weakend. and i guess start at the top of this list and make my way down.
Great, lol this is gonna get expensive lol. Plug wires are about 80-90 bucks. Anyone know a good 3rd party site for aftermarket parts, etc.
been searching around but most are pretty generic sites.

insanefirewall 03-04-2011 01:42 PM

ok so far, i replaced the plugs and plug wires still the smell.

But, on the passanger side those 3 plugs were black, carboned up.
the drivers side, 1 plug was dry and not hardly black at all, the second was clean , and wet with fuel, bad. and the third i couldnt get out becuse some moron decided to put the steering shaft right in the way.

But still bad fuel smell and im guessing now to try replacing the distributer cap and see if that clears up the miss. Im thinking that the fueled up spark plug is not getting and spark since its not burnt. and the rest are burnt. so im guessing the roter is not connecting with that cylinder under the distrubuter cap.

Just my guess. but im hoping i dont have to take off the plenum to take the distributer cap off since it is behind. the plugs were a pain in the arse to get on the cap.

BigMac 03-06-2011 01:50 PM

try running a fuel cleaner threw it. not the in tank additive its an iv drip into the intake using the vacuum line off of the brake cylinder. it will help clean all the carbon built up on the head and valves may not fix the problem but may help to resolve it

insanefirewall 03-07-2011 03:44 AM

ran a bit of c foam through brake line air intake. still smells. first gear is sluggish, rest take right off.