2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 help..lol.. Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:43 AM
pokergirl_lynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1995 help..lol.. Again

I went to have my muffler replaced.. they told me I have FUEL dumping into my exhaust. My muffler is from Midas, so replacing it now is under warranty, next one won't be under warranty (trying to keep the warranty). My Question, what would casue fuel to dump into exhaust?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 1995 help..lol.. Again

Faulty FPR on the CPI unit under the intake plenum cover. I'd pull off the top cover on your intake and have a look at the CPI spider. If you see nice clean aluminum on the passenger side of the lower intake, then you've got a leaky FPR (fuel pressure regulator).

Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 PM

My spider has just recently been replaced, I had the idle control air sensor replaced last week. I do not have the tools or the place, to remove the pladium. Who would be the going shop rate for a repair or replacement for Fuel injection?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did they replace the 'nut kit' (internal fuel lines) when they replaced the spider? If they didn't replace the internal lines... Well, lets just say that they don't like to get removed, then reinstalled to a new spider. It is never a good idea to replace the spider and not the 'nut kit'.

I have no idea what the shop rate would be... You're probably looking at a book time of 3-4 hours at the going shop rate Around here it's $65 for a mom & pop and about $80 for a dealership.

I'd take it back to the place that fixed it the first time and demand an explaination.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:08 PM

I spent $934.17 to have spider replaced, I only have the old spider. I am lost,what are the internal fuel lines, are they the hoses that connect the spider.?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Yes, on the CPI motors (what you have in your truck) the fuel lines go internal to the intake plenum before they get to the CPI spider. If the shop didn't replace the internal lines, chances are they damaged them in the replacement process and that damage is now becoming a larger problem for you.

If you do go back to that shop, or any for that matter, ask to have a look at the engine with the plenum off before they go poking at things.

How long ago did you have the spider replaced?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:59 PM

actually it was 6 years now..but have been complaining and taking my truck back every week to Goodyear(gemini). I got less then 200 miles to a tank of fuel since the reapir, now I am getting less then 100 miles to a tank of fuel. Gemini told me it was a bad install of my exhaust so went back to Midas and had reinstall, Now my muffler has blown the sides out, and Midas said it is due to fuel dumping straight into my exhaust.Midas is telling me it is my fuel injection system. I just want to fix it and want to know what to say when I get there..lol

Old 02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

No way did they install things correctly. 200mi per tank is HORRIBLE and an exhaust won't affect things that much.

I'd see about taking it to another shop and getting a diagnosis atleast. If they say that the CPI spider is bad again, demand that they change the 'nut kit' as well.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM

I have the 4.3L (02-95 manufactured date)so computer diagnostics wont help unless engine light remains on.. it will come on, then when shut truck off wont stay on. Could that be fuel injection?

Old 02-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned
Blasir is an unknown quantity at this point

How many Blazer owners get ripped off every year with that stupid "YOU NEED A NEW SPIDER INJECTOR CRAP!"

Here is some news for ALL Blazer owners with CPI. Your left side of inside the plenum will be clean and the right side will be all carboned up. Every picture I have ever seen of inside of the plenum all look the same. I didn't change mine when I was told it was gone. That was 2 years ago and about 150K miles. It still runs good.

This girl also wasted $900 for nothing. What a shame.

*combining consecutive posts*

"I went to have my muffler replaced.. they told me I have FUEL dumping into my exhaust. My muffler is from Midas, so replacing it now is under warranty, next one won't be under warranty (trying to keep the warranty). My Question, what would cause fuel to dump into exhaust?"

How about this. The moisture in our mufflers smells like gasoline. A no brainer. You got Midasized. Just their cute little way of not having to warranty their cheap mufflers over and over. Lifetime warranty right? WRONG. They don't expect you to have the automobile long enough to use the lifetime warranty. You did. There is probably nothing wrong with your truck. If it is running good, leave it alone.

*EDIT: swartlkk* - Combined consecutive posts. Please use the edit function to add any additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.

Quick Reply: 1995 help..lol.. Again