Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   1995 Will not start unless squirt gas intake (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/1995-will-not-start-unless-squirt-gas-intake-74032/)

kycat007 09-25-2012 01:32 PM

1995 Will not start unless squirt gas intake

1995 Blazer. Ran great.started quickly. Fuel pump died. Replaced it with a good american made pump. Now Fuel pressure builds up to 65 Lbs and seems to hold.

It would not start. If you had the intake plentium off and hand choked it by blocking the intake it would start. The butterfluy you can see was closing all the way as it should on this engine to give it a rich start mixture.
That went on for a while while testing the the fuel system.

Drove and ran good no stumbles or misses for several miles.

Have done most of the fuel system tests that are not ruled out by it running and driving good once it starts. Restricted return fuel line and fuel pump flow test are 2 ruled out by it running good while driving.

Anybody else encounter this problem and found a fix. This one has a bunch of vehicle guys stumped.

50lb_cat 09-25-2012 02:45 PM

How long does it hold 65 with the key on and engine off?

kycat007 09-25-2012 02:54 PM

It holds for at least 5 minutes.

Logic says if it is 65 when cranking it should be squirting enough through the injectors to start. That is unless there is a reason the injectors are not activating or only partually activating while it is cranking and start injecting when it hits the first time.

50lb_cat 09-25-2012 05:03 PM

Its supposed to stay above 55 for 10 minutes, are you sure you are getting spark?

homieo 10-13-2012 03:49 PM

I am having that same problem with my 95 blazer. I replaced the fuel pump,fuel pump relays, spider, tps, tune up, new distributor, coil, ICM, and EGR and i still have to spray starting fluid in it or hook my scantron up and code 1351 will pop up one cleared it will start without spray. It also runs like it is flooding out. Any help would be appreciated.

kycat007 10-14-2012 06:37 PM

Welcome to the club guy.

Talked to my brother yesterday. He has a Chevy van, 4.3 same series as our Blazers. Has the same problem. He says: turn the key on and let the fuel pump whirl a few seconds and hit the key switch until the engine turns over and let off and his starts. I tried it and it works on mine. Try it on yours. Took me a couple of trys to get the process down but it works. My big brother is a lot smarter than I am.

Then he tells me that that quit working after a while:

Soooooo Some or at least one of you smart guys must know what the problem is. HELP Look at the posting We collectively have checked everything on the fuel system troubleshooting list and we stilll have the problem.

On top of the list I have checked the key switch angle and the old chevy problem of a bad starter selinoid. forget those, that is not the problem.

again HELP

richphotos 10-14-2012 07:19 PM

Try priming the pump like kycat said. See if that works, When I first got my Jimmy, the prev owner said it needed to be primed before it would start, if you did not prime the pump (turn the key on until pump stops) it would hard start. I know you said american made pump, but what brand specifically?

Captain Hook 10-14-2012 07:53 PM

Is this a CMFI or CSFI system? 1995 was a hodge podge year and used 2 different fuel delivery systems and 3 different computer controls. Do the spark plug wires connect to the distributor cap horizontal or vertical?

1sttimejimmyowner 10-15-2012 10:27 AM

I know it would probaly be a rare case but maybe the new pump went bad.Can you take it out and test it?

Ramjam2112 10-21-2012 05:43 PM

I have a 95 factory service manual with all kinds of trouble shooting charts.

Need more information. What size is your engine? Any DTC's( check engine light on?)

Try checking the Engine Coolant sensor and Intake Air Temperature sensor for broken wire or loose connections. Measure resistance of Engine coolant temperature sensor and note air temperature when doing so. Do same with Intake Air temprature sensor.

I'd give more info but I dont' have enough info from you. Can you install a scan tool and read any DTC's?