2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1999 Blazer Security problems no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 09:25 AM
Tom Masticola is on a distinguished road
Question 1999 Blazer Security problems no start

I tried all the resets that I found on YouTube and im having no luck. can I run a jumper to the fuel system to make it start and run normal? I have the 4.3 automatic two wheel drive four door.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Please choose the appropriate forum for your question and wait for a response per the rules of the forum. If you wish to create another 'new member introduction' post, please do so in the 'New Member Area'.

Now, what have you done that makes you think that the problem is security related? What diagnosis have you performed and what were the results? Please be specific.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Tom Masticola is on a distinguished road

well I just bought the Blazer for $200 and I was told the fuel pump was bad, so I put a new fuel pump, inline filter, and a new crankshaft sensor. The truck sat for 5 or 6 months with a dead battery. after I put on all the new parts I tried to start it and it was backfiring, I checked and it had 2 spark plug wires out of order then I made sure the firing order was all good I cranked it and it started right up and sounded great, it set there and ran for about 10 seconds and then died, I tried to start it again and it would run for a second and die right away. I noticed the security light was flashing and someone told me it was the passlock security. That's when I started do all the reset stuff that I read about online. I am a home builder by trade and in no means claim to be a mechanic. But I do like tinkering with cars and thought I was getting a great deal on this Blazer, it is in darn near mint condition with 307,000 miles on it. It had a new motor put in it 10,000 miles ago. Thanks for any help that may resolve my problem.

Last edited by Tom Masticola; 02-25-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So you have run through the procedure outlined in the PASSLOCK - Reprogramming Auto Learn thread? It is possible that there is a problem with the passlock system. Was the ignition switch recently replaced or any other component in the system (PCM/BCM mismatch)? Are all of the fuses good (TBC fuse specifically)? It is also possible that the BCM/PCM is just saying no to a passive learn and needs to be force-learned with a Tech2 scantool. Also, it is very important for the battery level to be maintained appropriately through the entire relearn procedure. A low system voltage will cancel the relearn prematurely.

Will the truck run if you attempt to start it, then after it stalls leave the key in the 'run' position until the security light goes out (usually around 10 minutes, maybe more, maybe less), then attempt to start it again without returning the key to the OFF position?

On a side note, please stick to one thread per issue as spelled out in the rules of the forum. It is permissible to 'bump' a thread by replying to it if no one else has responded after you have waited at least a day, but please try to do so in a kind manner and while adding any other information you may have gathered and/or remembered in that time.