2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Jimmy Fuel Pressure Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
Joshua1023 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much. I'll check back in w/ what I find tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Jonathon Lottbrein is on a distinguished road

Try ur converter? it could be pluged thats what mine did and thats how i fixed it

Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Beginning Member
Joshua1023 is on a distinguished road

Converter wouldn't cause the pressure to bleed out in the fuel system.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:26 PM

No your right it wont but ur converter it will cause ur motor to run but it will dog down n can stall the truck out...

But for fuel problem the pump is pluged or ur line has a vapor lock n u need new lines..

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-22-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: *COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS* Please use the edit function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Rules are Rules.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonathon Lottbrein
But for fuel problem the pump is pluged or ur line has a vapor lock n u need new lines..
Fuel pressure test results show that the pressure is OK and the leak down is high. Neither of which should make you jump to the conclusion of replacing lines or that vapor lock has anything to do with it... Not to mention that these fuel systems are very difficult to get vapor locked.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:58 PM

I mean I race my truck all the time I had issues like that where I continually have ran my motor to the point it could would stall out like that I changed my lines n not only did my horses come back but it hasn't cut out anymore.. so I mean it matters how old the truck is what type of weather it has seen if its hotter weather vapor lock is more likely going to happen.. I live Ny state so its cooler but as soon as I took it to the hot track it being 12 years old I ran into issues like that.. but in the mud shes ok.. so I guess it depends how its driven n where for vapor lock to really happen..

Old 07-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry, but you do not seem to know what it is we are discussing or what you are trying to propose either. If you want to continue the vapor lock discussion, I encourage you to create a new thread were you can try justify your points, but you seem to be at a disadvantage... You just might want to read up on vapor lock and return style fuel systems before posting up about it. For now, just back away from the keyboard.

Hint, it's not really the lines that have anything to do with vapor lock (except for the routing) if it really is a concern, but if you really want to discuss it, create a new thread of your own and we can dig into it. I've been around that block a few times with EFI and Carb'd vehicles.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:30 PM

W.e dude injoy fixing it ur sock b.s problems then cuz ive already fixed these issues before. So just keep focusing on the motor let me know how that goes..

Stock b.s problems*

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-22-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: *COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS* Please use the edit function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Rules are Rules.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jonathon Lottbrein
W.e dude injoy fixing it ur sock b.s problems then cuz ive already fixed these issues before. So just keep focusing on the motor let me know how that goes..

Stock b.s problems*
That's just it. We aren't telling him to focus on the motor at all... I'm not even sure where you have read that... We are instructing the OP to get the necessary pieces to test the leak down at the fuel filter to determine if the leak down is caused by the check valve in the fuel pump assembly or by the FPR. Either of which are valid sources for the leak down he is experiencing and something that you have not addressed in any of your ramblings. All you have done is blindly stated to replace this or that with no real reason for it. Just sayin'... Nice try, but you are the one that is having the focus issues...

Are we just to take your word for it because you "race" your truck? Please...

I do enjoy helping people diagnose their problems. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2012, 07:49 PM

No ur right that wasn't one of the things I wasnt introduce to why cuz I race n have put aftermarket fuel filter n pump in because of all the issues ive heard of what goes on with blazers.. so I do know a thing or to like fixing issues before they happen..

Quick Reply: 2000 Jimmy Fuel Pressure Question