Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   2001 Chevy Blazer Still Wont Start HELP!!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/2001-chevy-blazer-still-wont-start-help-81423/)

Lowenbehold 09-01-2013 01:25 PM

2001 Chevy Blazer Still Wont Start HELP!!!!

Hi,

2001 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4dr 4.3L V6

Ill start at the beginning, about a month ago I shut my Blazer off, and when I woke up in the morning it wouldn't start. It was kind of weird because every now and then after that it would fire up and run with no problems. It seemed like whenever it was really hot outside it would run, and when it would rain it wouldn't.

I started with the obvious.

1. Changed the fuel pump relay-(I replaced the fuel pump relay on a day when the Blazer was actually running. I let it sit for the night and BAM!! in the AM. it wouldn't run again).

2. Fuel Pump and Fuel Filter- (Next I replaced both the fuel pump and fuel filter. I replaced the old pump with a Delphi FG0052 and a Fram fuel filter. I went to start the truck and you hear the fuel pump priming the system, there are no gas leaks, all gauges work, and..... NOTHING!:icon_doh: I even double checked all of the connections on the gas tank and on the fuel filter).

If anyone has any advice on what this could be I would really appreciate it. The only things I haven't done is check the fuel pressure, and check the fuel injectors. The battery is brand new no fuses blown.

THANKS!!!!

LannyL81 09-01-2013 01:41 PM

Suggest checking the fuel pressure at the test port.

Have you checked for nice blue spark?

Lowenbehold 09-01-2013 01:54 PM

Fuel pressure and spark plugs

[QUOTE=LannyL81;599115]Suggest checking the fuel pressure at the test port.

Have you checked for nice blue spark?[/QUOTE

I'm going to check the fuel pressure and check the plugs tomorrow. That was my next thought as well. The truck almost sounds like its going to turn over but it doesn't.

Everything that I have been reading has said pressure should be at 60 psi on key turn, and hold at 55 psi for about 10 min. So ill check for that.

Thanks!!

Ill let you know what I come up with

09-01-2013 05:05 PM

Wow, nothing wrong with a new fuel pump, would be going soon anyway.

On a rainy no start cap, rotor and wires would be my first guess. Cap and rotor #1, how many miles?

Lowenbehold 09-01-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by spittybays (Post 599133)
Wow, nothing wrong with a new fuel pump, would be going soon anyway.

On a rainy no start cap, rotor and wires would be my first guess. Cap and rotor #1, how many miles?

The truck has 130k

medivh25 09-01-2013 06:47 PM

+1 on the cap

side note, if you change it be carefull not to over tighten it, they are plastic and will break. Might check for that while you are at it.. IE loose cap

ddarther 09-01-2013 06:58 PM

injection spider

i would check the injection spider it is probably having issues and will need to be replaced. most likely the regulator on the back of it is not letting the injectors get enough pressure because of a leak. hope this helps

Lowenbehold 09-01-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by medivh25 (Post 599147)
+1 on the cap

side note, if you change it be carefull not to over tighten it, they are plastic and will break. Might check for that while you are at it.. IE loose cap

Thanks! I think I'm going to replace the plugs and wires this weekend. Might as well replace the cap while I'm at it, it's probably about that time anyways.

Lowenbehold 09-01-2013 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ddarther (Post 599151)
i would check the injection spider it is probably having issues and will need to be replaced. most likely the regulator on the back of it is not letting the injectors get enough pressure because of a leak. hope this helps

Thanks! I'll definitely give that a check. I'll test the fuel pressure. Where is the regulator located if you don't mind me asking. I'll do some google searches as well. Thanks for the input though.

ddarther 09-02-2013 01:55 AM

regulator

the regulator is on the spider inside the intake. so when you check the fuel pressure be patient leave your gauge attached and see if it bleeds down over time, also the regulator leak can also cause low fuel pressure. so rather a leak or low pressure this could be your problem and could mean having to pull the intake and replace the spider its not cheap but the new design is much better so make sure to get the new design and not a rebuild old one.