2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2003 LS 4 DR 4X4 many problems HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:30 AM
ecj351m is on a distinguished road
Question 2003 LS 4 DR 4X4 many problems HELP!!

I have a 2003 blazer Ls 4x4 with many problems and i need help. 1st. is the most concerning, when in four wheel drive it works beautiful, when i put it in 2 wheel drive and then drive a couple hundred feet a real loud clunk can be heard from the front passenger side. 2nd. the fuel gauge bouncing around which from what i read might mean new fuel pump, 3rd. rear wiper no fluid comes out. 4th. Seems like front wheels are hanging up when driving down hill and i put it into neautral the vehicle slows down, and it seems to get crapy gas mileage. These are several of the problems I have come across please help!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Beginning Member
not_only is on a distinguished road

Hi there, the 1st problem sounds like your front axle does not disengage correctly. I had the same problem when my actuator cable was broken ( connects the actuator under the battery with front axle). You can try WD 40 , but new cable isnīt much expensive.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

1- Sounds like a sticking cable from the front axle to the front axle actuator.
2- Fuel level sending unit corroded. You might want to try some Chevron Techron Fuel System Treatment Plus (20-gal size) in the next few tank fulls. You could double it up on the first tank to really clean the sensor.
3- There is a separate pump in the wiper fluid tank for the rear. Can you hear it when you push the button?
4- Have you checked your brakes? A dragging brake may also affect front axle disengagement.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

2) I'd just plan on a new fuel sender. Your float might have broken. That's if the chemicals don't fix it. Personally I haven't been that lucky.
3) Sometimes the washer fluid gets stopped up because of crap in the wiper holes. Pull the tube off the wiper. Try to blow through the wiper and see if you can get anything out it. If you've put water in the system there could be a mineral buildup. It doesn't take much. If so try some CLR. Wonderful stuff. Or it may just come off near the reservoir (happens to me anytime I even get close to it)
4) Sounds like a dragging front brake (or brakes) to me. You might have your hoses checked for collapsing inside. Both of mine were. They will probably be bad right where the mounting tab is crimped on. You can put enough pressure through the pedal to engage them but when you let off the hole is pinched off so the fluid can't return and just holds pressure on the brake. Might explain some of your gas mileage woes too.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 AM
ecj351m is on a distinguished road

Yea i can hear the pump working, could it be just a blocked line? and if so could I just blow it out with an air hose?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

I'd try to blow it out from the front to the back and not use much pressure. The wiper has weep holes in it (if it's like my 94). You may get them clean that way but I really don't know. Like I said if it's got a mineral buildup you're probably going to have to clean it. If you've never used CLR it's a household product that disolves calcium, lime and rust stains (CLR get it?) Great stuff. I thing you would have to brush it on the wiper holes but it works real fast.