Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   95 4x4 4.3 REV LIMITS at 4000 rpm while Accelerating (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/95-4x4-4-3-rev-limits-4000-rpm-while-accelerating-58533/)

dutchman31 04-30-2011 07:21 PM

95 4x4 4.3 REV LIMITS at 4000 rpm while Accelerating

My 95 4.3 4x4 had isses, installed new fuel injectors, plugs, wires, cap, head gasket, lifters, catalatic converter and runs good, but when driving down the road, at 4000 rpm, its like I hit a rev limiter, but slowly creaps up eventually, but I wouldnt want to be passing a car!
Have no flashing on dash or error codes, as checked by garage. Do I have something not connected or something else I need to check?
Been rebuilding this ride and I am financially exhausted. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue?
Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

rriddle3 04-30-2011 10:19 PM

*Moved to '2nd Gen Tech'. Please read the section descriptions to determine the correct area to post.*

Leeann_Bravada 05-01-2011 08:54 AM

Test the fuel pressure on the back of the motor. KOEO, what is the pressure? After 10 minutes, what is the pressure?

Also, have you replaced the fuel filter recently?

dutchman31 05-03-2011 06:54 PM

Rev Limit 4000 Issue

Thanks, Yes have new fuel filter and bought a gas pressure guage and shows 50 psi cold and still 50 psi 10 minutes later. When revs up, can reach 58 psi and then maintains the 50 psi while running. Truck is running smoother. But still has the rev limit issue, now at 4500. Changed TPS just to see if difference and did get from 4000 to 4500. Could be a co-incidence, not sure. Installed a new distributor, no change. Could this be something in computer? I'm so lost!! Autostart starts but does not release starter? Then shuts itself down. Not sure if related? OK getting ready to take to GM for help?

Leeann_Bravada 05-03-2011 07:02 PM

Wait, you have an aftermarket keyless entry/remote start system installed?

That, more than likely, is your issue. Those things are almost never installed well and cause all kinds of odd issues.

BlackBlazer2000 05-04-2011 01:41 AM

Hello,
maybe your computer lost memory during buildup. There is a point called "crank position relearn" in the Tech2 scan tool. Crank position is stored in computer to obtain correct timing for the ignition. If not learned there is a rev limiter to prevent engine damage due to wrong ignition timing at full engine load. Maybe there is another way to relearn it(i donīt know exactly), otherwise you have to use a proper scan tool to get this job done.

dutchman31 05-04-2011 09:09 PM

Reprogramming

Took truck into GM today and could not program this computer. Told me it was the year of it wouldnt allow in some models. Picked up another computer and installed. Switched chip with original and found it ran the same. Posible order a new chip possibly? Still the 4000 rpm issue.

Also pulled the fuse on the autostart and no changes were found. Like it always is misfiring when driving and goes through alot of gas, probably due to the msfiring. With cruise on at highway speed feels fine but still doesnt have the power when going to pass. Feels like not on all cylinders.
Firing order is correct.
Crank sensor unplug does not start, plug back in, works. Anything else to check guys!! I'm trying and appreciate the input!!!
Just hate to park a nice ride!
Thanks!