2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

96 blazer replaced valve spring now no fire!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Starting Member
liljde is on a distinguished road
Post 96 blazer replaced valve spring now no fire!

i have the 4.3 vortec in my 96 blazer 2wd with the spider injection. it was running really horrible so i pulled it apart just to notice that a valve spring was busted in 3 piece's so i replaced it and plugged everything back in and plugged in the battery now im not getting no spark to the coil or distrib so i checked fuses, nothing blown, replaced every sensor on the motor, nothing even replaced the ecm and still nothing, it has a good battery/starter. before i tore it appart it was backfiring i even replaced all of the gaskets on the upper half of the motor. does anyone have any info that might be able to help me :/

Old 07-16-2012, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Not sure what to say or offer... I have a 2nd gen, but I'd look at wiring to the distributor & coil, what wires you may have bumped etc.
Are you sure the little 2 wire molex isn't hooked up to the coil? (on a 2nd gen anyway).
And stop throwing money at it to fix something you're not sure is the issue.
Throw money at me instead, I used to bounce in a stripper bar & tips are appreciated lol.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Starting Member

lol yea its all good i went over all the wiring the best i could like 3 or 4 times. and all of the parts well i should sy most of the parts were free, would a busted or bad (jumped teeth)timing chain cause it not to fire? the icm and crank sensor and everything else has been changed with no affest

Old 07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
spittybays

Did you have a re-learn done on the ecm?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by spittybays
Did you have a re-learn done on the ecm?
no i didnt figure id have to because its from the exact same blazer same make yr and model with around the same mileage to without 4x4

Old 07-17-2012, 03:08 PM
spittybays

Don't know if it works that way.........

Old 07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Starting Member

is there a way to see if any voltage is even going to the coil pack if not then were would i go from there because if there is power going to the coil then the ocil is bad because im not getting no spark anywere

Old 07-17-2012, 04:01 PM
spittybays

The google search box on BF homepage works great for all this stuff

Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Time to stop guessing and start diagnosing

Ignition in START & RUN positions: Does the pink wire at ignition coil have battery voltage?

BTW: if the crankshaft position sensor is moved, removed, replaced or disturbed in any way, the crankshaft position sensor relearn MUST be done.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Time to stop guessing and start diagnosing

Ignition in START & RUN positions: Does the pink wire at ignition coil have battery voltage?

BTW: if the crankshaft position sensor is moved, removed, replaced or disturbed in any way, the crankshaft position sensor relearn MUST be done.
lol ok the icm does have power going to it with the key on but as for the coil pack there's no power going to it at all in run and start and how would i relearn it? haha sorry im not that big of an electrical guy more for mechanical

Quick Reply: 96 blazer replaced valve spring now no fire!