2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

97 Blazer 4wd Rebuild issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 PM
The85Rex is on a distinguished road
Smile 97 Blazer 4wd Rebuild issues

Ok here are my issues.

I rebuilt my blazer 4.3 v6 Top to bottom and put it back in as it came out but.....

While my uncle was helping me i had to turn the key on in the beginning of the tear down so he could turn the steering wheel to the left for some reason well we forgot to turn the key to off and i disconnected the battery.

now that it is all back together i cant get the key out or get any light on the key is stuck in the on position. I tried to tilt back and forth and the wheel left and right. Still stuck. It wont crank over i don't get any kind of lights. The shifter is in park and so is the transmission.

Any ideas please ill try anything its stuck in my uncles garage and he needs it back help him out

Old 05-04-2011, 01:25 AM
BlackBlazer2000 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
is your battery full of charge? The ignition cylinder is locked with an solenoid, so if you donīt have battery power, you canīt remove the ignition key. Are the battery cables hooked on the battery correctly? Sometimes the terminals inside the battery came off, so even with a charged battery and cables installed you have no electrical power to the car. To get the key out without current, there is a small hole in the cover of the steering column right under the key cylinder. Sometimes it is closed with an small cap. Remove the cap, push a small screwdriver gently in to the hole and you will feel a slight resistance, this is the solenoid locking your cylinder, push slightly up and you can turn your ignition key to the off position and get it out.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:53 PM
The85Rex is on a distinguished road

Ok got that issue fixed. Now there is another issue i cant figure out. There is a vaccum line im not sure where it goes it comes from behind the block maybe from the transmission its in that area and i stops at the intake i checked behind the intake and there is nowhere for it to go. Also when i try to start it it cranks but nothing. The timing is dead on. Its getting spark and gas. Not sure if it has to do with the vacuum line. Or something else. What about the knock sensor? could that cause it to not run? if cracked or something? this truck ran fine before i rebuilt it the rear main went so i rebuilt it the whole thing. Any ideas ill try them