2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

99 blazer a/c condenser

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member
mikepro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99 blazer a/c condenser

DCFlux sounds like you should have an answer. Had a slow leak and lost my a/c. Refilled twice and took about 2-4 days before lost. Tried RED TEC and it didn't work. Finally caved and took it to an a/c shop and they said the condenser is shot and leaking. Told them I tried using RED TEC to seal it and they told me it's crap. That the sealant leavestoilet paper like strands in your system. Said I might be lucky for awhile if; a) I replace the condenser and, b) change the orfice tube.
Thinkin about pickin up a condenser and orfice tube atthe scrapyard. Not sure if this is a good idea, or should just buy new. Main concern is o-ring replacement. Called a local leading automotive supplier about an o-ring kit and they never heard of it. Alsoread I should lube them with PAG oil. What is PAG oil or rather what does PAG stand for? Not sure where you are from but I'm in Manitoba and have never heard of it and don't know where to get it. Any suggestions? One more. Do I really need to pull my rad to change out the condenser?

Thanks in advance. Mike P

Old 05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 99 blazer a/c condenser

Buy the parts and swing by the autoparts store and pick up a recharge kit. The recharge kit will have instructions on how to bleed the system and how to fill the system. Replace the parts and recharge your a/c system.

I wouldn't rworry about anything else unless it breaks again. Get the kit with the gauges and the hoses, should come with 3 cans of freon too. Like $30-$40 at my autoparts store. This spring they will go on sale.