2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

99 Blazer Passlock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:35 AM
Axe
Axe is on a distinguished road
Default 99 Blazer Passlock Issue

Hi guys. I'm buy a 99 blazer, with trailblazer package at a local towing auction.

I don't have a original key, and lockdoctor from auction make me the key without any transponder, or chip, just naked key.

When i'm trying to start vehicle - the engine cranks, but not starting. Once engine started and immediately stalls.

The security lamp always flashing, and when it no key in ignition cylinder - it still flashing. When turning the key into the ON position - security lamp still continue glow, (not flashing)

I'm make key with transponder, but nothing changed. The security lamp don't go out, it still glow. I try wait 10 minutes, 15, 30... Nothing changed.

It's a passlock 3 immobilizer system, with a rfid chip inside, i believe so.

Any ideas, how to add new key to vehicle without a master key and Tech 2 tools? Or maybe it's possible to bypass this system?

Last edited by Axe; 03-13-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:25 AM
Axe

anybody, please.

I checked all fuses, checked fuel pressure, replaced spurk plugs, distributor, wires...

Maybe it's a ignition switch problem? Is it possible to shut off security system without special tools?

Old 03-15-2015, 12:30 PM
akaSPITTYBAYS is on a distinguished road

I all your paperwork is good dealer can hook you up.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

When the ignition is turned to the RUN position, the BCM checks for an authorized key. If the BCM does not recognize the key, it will not allow the PCM to enable the injectors. There are ways to bypass the Passlock system, but the master key must be used to turn the ignition switch to the RUN position and initiate the process. Without the master key, you'll need to visit a GM dealer and provide them with proof of ownership, (title, bill of sale, registration, etc.).

Old 03-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Axe

Ok, so it's no ways to perform relearn without master key? 30-min procedure is not working if i don't have original key, right?

I need to tow my vehicle to the dealer, or i can just call to mobile locksmith, who has a Tech 2 tools? I seen how he make's the keys to another GM vehicles ( 00 Chevy Venture, 05 pontiac grand prix, etc)

Old 03-15-2015, 06:37 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Axe
Ok, so it's no ways to perform relearn without master key? 30-min procedure is not working if i don't have original key, right?
That is correct.

Originally Posted by Axe
I need to tow my vehicle to the dealer, or i can just call to mobile locksmith, who has a Tech 2 tools? I seen how he make's the keys to another GM vehicles ( 00 Chevy Venture, 05 pontiac grand prix, etc)
Definitely worth a try. Explain the problem to the locksmith and tell him that you do not have the master key.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:21 PM
Axe

Ok. Thanks so much!

Old 03-16-2015, 11:41 PM
akaSPITTYBAYS is on a distinguished road

There's no need to tow, let your finger's do the walking, call the GM and Master. Dollars to doughnuts with the right paperwork GMs dealer will be cheaper but they will not give you a guaranty it will work. The master will not leave till it works but be ready for him and his pit to have cash in hand!!!
In my neck of the wood's these "Masters" aren't that sweet and getting people hooked up with lost masters are not there main job.