2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ABS BRAKE SES light?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:30 PM
fun2b1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ABS BRAKE SES light?!?!

K for a brief history see my post on p0300...

fast forward to now... I got truck registered and insured and finally got to drive it around (first ACTUAL drive of the truck). everythign was great... (little louder than I expected but hey it runs) I'll work on those details later... but after about 15-20 min of driving something weird happened.. my abs light(orange) brake light(red) and service engine soon light(orange) all came on VERY brief (maybe 2-3 seconds)... while they were on I noticed a bit of a "stall" in engine speed.... it didn't stall out it was stuck at roughly 1500 rpm no matter what I did with the gas pedal.. then all of a sudden everything came back and it was fine... did that about 5 times on the way home... within a 5 min span on a half hour drive.... I noticed the abs light came on first then the brake then the ses last the second time the ses was so fast it just flashed and I almost missed it.. when they cleared the ses went off first then the abs then the brake light last... everything SEEMS fine when I drove it today( I'll be making another post on a tranny question) the pedal feels fine.. kinda stiffer than I'm used to but it stops the vehicle no problem..

now for the question...
WHAT THE @$(%& IS GOIN ON.. the only things I've come up with is vacuum.. when I pulled the intake I couldn't get the brake booster vacuum line off of the upper plenum so I left it on and folded it back.. well one time I think I did it too much and i heard a hiss come from the booster @ the "check valve??" ( little black 90* piece that goes from upper plenum line into the booster) but when I found it I seated the "valve" back in and just made sure I didnt pull the line that hard again...

the only other thing I've read from here on it is the EGR... somethign about "stiff" pedal and vacuum issues.. I did clean the eger and the pintle moved absolutely fineso I thoguth nothing of it.. any other ideas what could cause these or does it sound like I'm on the right track.. and if so.. please tell me I'm not lookin at a new booster....lol

Old 04-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Default RE: ABS BRAKE SES light?!?!

so NOONE has ANY ideas on ANY of my posts?!?!?!?![sm=feedback.gif]

Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have PM'd you. I will look into this problem when I have more time later.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:12 PM

i saw it and I have sent a reply.. and thank you for your hospitality..:-P[sm=hail.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=thanx.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=youreright.gif]

hmm jsut a lil curious would this be linked to my fuel issue?? if sopossible pcm????

Old 04-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Typically, ABS lights are caused by a dirty reluctor ring at either front wheel speed sensor, but when both the brake and ABS lights come on, this may be a sign of a power or grounding problem to the EBCM (electronic brake control module = abs brain). It may be a good idea to go through the grounds in the engine compartment and clean them all.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:27 AM

k when I bought the truck the guy says he rebuilt the engine... and it sounds ok.. a lil loud on the exhaust note.. but my actual question is the wiring harness....thats routed above the engine between the block and the firewall.. is this pinned in by the engine????

also any tips on where the ground points are for this..

and would it also trigger the ses light???

is the ebcm controlled from the vcm????