Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Which Battery for 2nd Gen. Blazers (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/battery-2nd-gen-blazers-24585/)

wienerdog 11-04-2008 09:08 AM

Which Battery for 2nd Gen. Blazers

Actually, I don't have a Blazer. I have a 1999 4X4 Jimmy. It has 80K miles and I have owned for just 2 months. It is fully optioned includinga/c, sun roof, etc.It does nothave and has never had any aftermarket stereo stuff but I might like to upgrade that next summer. No big BOOM box stuff but maybe just add a stock BOSE booster to the stock stereo.

With winter approaching I'm thinking maybe its time for a new battery.
The battery that's init isa Duralast,
Part #75D,
Cranking Amps @ 32 deg. F. is 815,
Cold Cranking Amps is 650,
Reserve Capacity is 95.
Can anyone shed some light on what the above numbers mean or how they apply?
Thats all the info on the battery. There is no indication as to warrenty info or when it was installed.
And..
Being an older guy I remember when how long a battery could crank your engine mattered. Seems nowdays with efi management systems if your engine doesn't start after a few good tries its notgonna start, something is wrong.
During the days of carburated engines we would always want a big powerful DieHard. Now I'm thinking that with efi all one needs is an adequet battery.
Which battery for my stock 99 Jimmy? I might like to get one step up from stock. How do I judge one step up? By cranking amps, cold cranking amps or res. cap?

Does anyone know which bulb the Jimmy fog lamps takes?
I've checked my owners manual for battery pn and fog lamp pn but I can't find itthere.

Thanks Much

rriddle3 11-04-2008 09:42 AM

RE: Which Battery for 2nd Gen. Blazers

ORIGINAL: wienerdog
During the days of carburated engines we would always want a big powerful DieHard. Now I'm thinking that with efi all one needs is an adequet battery.
With today's computer controlled cars, there is always a constant draw on the battery, so I recommend the battery with the longest reserve capacity and highest cranking power that your pocketbook can afford. I like Duralast batteries (or any battery made by Johnson Controls) and this onewould be appropriate for your Jimmy.

jagblazer01 11-04-2008 12:22 PM

edit....fixed

portcqb 11-04-2008 02:22 PM

If I recall my cheapie from walmart is higher CCA, not sure about my reserve. Havent had an issue yet with it I think this has a 2 year exchange and 6 year pro-rating. Its like 2 years now I think

djdrew010 11-04-2008 06:09 PM

For your fog lights here you go:
Fog/Driving light
880ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen