Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   battery draw (need help asap) (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/battery-draw-need-help-asap-19378/)

rwrows 04-05-2008 03:42 PM

battery draw (need help asap)

what's up guys? i am the proud new owner of a 99 blazer and i'm trying to sort out a little problem with it. the battery (brand new) goes dead after about 2 days of sitting. i hooked a tester up to it and found that when i pull the INT BAT fuse about 99% of the battery draw goes away. anyone ever experience this? should i put it back in and pull the other fuses to narrow it down or did i already find the problem. anyone know how to fix it? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

swartlkk 04-05-2008 03:57 PM

RE: battery draw (need help asap)

What is the actual draw on that circuit. With the battery connected, remove the fuse and put the DMM (set to amps or milliamps) across where the fuse was. This will give you the direct circuit draw.

The INT BATT (50A) fuse services the HDLP SW, AUX PWR, RDO BATT, CIGAR LTR, CTSY LP, and PWR LKS Fuses (and the AMPF Fuse if equiped with Premium Audio). While monitoring the INT BATT circuit amp draw, try pulling the fuses noted above or you could just test the amp draw of each of these circuits with the INT BATT fuse installed.

rwrows 04-05-2008 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

What is the actual draw on that circuit. With the battery connected, remove the fuse and put the DMM (set to amps or milliamps) across where the fuse was. This will give you the direct circuit draw.

The INT BATT (50A) fuse services the HDLP SW, AUX PWR, RDO BATT, CIGAR LTR, CTSY LP, and PWR LKS Fuses (and the AMPF Fuse if equiped with Premium Audio). While monitoring the INT BATT circuit amp draw, try pulling the fuses noted above or you could just test the amp draw of each of these circuits with the INT BATT fuse installed.

awesome! i will try it right now and post back my findings. thanks a million.

Scooterewski 04-05-2008 04:17 PM

my under hood light stayed on and I pulled the bulb out...That was on my old blaze

rwrows 04-05-2008 04:35 PM

ok i'm looking at the fuse diagram and don't see any of those labels that you listed? any input on that?

rwrows 04-05-2008 05:04 PM

ok i think i pulled every fuse and the only one that seems to have a strong draw is the INT BAT. none of the other ones seem to have anything worth mentioning. ???

drperry 04-05-2008 05:05 PM

They might be in the interior fuse panel...

Check and make sure you don't have anything plugged into the cig. lighter...

Other than that, check the fuses like Kyle said...

Did you figure how much of a draw there is on the battery?

rwrows 04-05-2008 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

They might be in the interior fuse panel...

Check and make sure you don't have anything plugged into the cig. lighter...

Other than that, check the fuses like Kyle said...

Did you figure how much of a draw there is on the battery?
yes i jumps up and down but the number that seems to pop up the most is .75 amps

rwrows 04-05-2008 05:15 PM

ok, dumb question here, where is the interior fuse panel? sorry guys i'm used to working on a 70 chevelle.

drperry 04-05-2008 05:17 PM

Aftermarket stereo?

That kind of draw shouldn't kill the battery in two days...

ORIGINAL: rwrows

ok, dumb question here, where is the interior fuse panel? sorry guys i'm used to working on a 70 chevelle.
Open the drivers door, and there should be a panel/door to open up, on the side of the dash.