2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer goes left when the steering wheel is centered

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Dan S is on a distinguished road
Default blazer goes left when the steering wheel is centered

Here's my issue, hope someone can give me some good advice!

My 2001 Blazer goes left when the steering wheel is centered. I had the alignment checked and was told it was fine and that the steering wheel is centered and they suggested having my tires checked. So I had the tires checked and was told the tires are fine but I have a bent wheel that's causing the problem. I replaced the wheel and it's still going left. I've checked the tire pressure and made sure I was on a flat surface, so I don't know why it would be doing this. Any ideas? I don't know much about fixing cars so I don't really know what else to try.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When going straight down the road, will it continue going straight if you let go of the wheel or will it swerve to the left?

Have you checked for a hung up brake caliper?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Starting Member
Tinted is on a distinguished road

i have this exact same problem.

but mine started out pulling to the right. i did aligment, replaced all tires and then baaaaaam it pulls to the left just the same way as OP described. it is really, really annoying.

and if i let the steering wheel go it will pull to the left.

the problem wasnt as noticable when one of the tires in the front was different size than the other but now that all 4 are same you can clearly tell the car pulls to the left.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Dan S is on a distinguished road

My blazer goes left if I let go of the steering wheel too. I was told to rotate the front tires to the rear and that will probably take care of it, so I am going to try that next. I need to check the brake caliper too still.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If swapping the tires around doesn't do it and the brakes are all free, then the alignment is still off.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Djyushta is on a distinguished road

My 98 blazer did the same thing, Went in and got the wheels aligned and it solved the prob.