2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer stumbles when accelerator pushed hard, No Error Codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 11:14 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

If I "see" these correctly; the center pin is pryed-out and then the larger piece will then pry-out. If you are careful you can reuse these or if you get new ones, just use some large wire diagonal cutters and cut them off.

Most parts store carry these, also body shops will have them.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Beginning Member
myZR2blazer is on a distinguished road

I think you might be correct.
I didn't consider the center coming out. They're so dirty, it looks like all one piece.
That's why I post here. I would have ripped them to pieces try to get them to release.
Thx,
Mark

Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member
mickey_bigdaddy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by myZR2blazer
OK time to replace the fuel pump. Ordered AC Delco replacement based on posts saying not to use aftermarket.

The manual is pretty straight forward on procedures except I don't know how to release plastic "rivets" that hold the fender flap in place. I need to remove the flap to get to the filler hose connection. The hose needs to disconnected to drain the tank before I lower it.
I have attached a picture of the flap showing the plastic pieces. If anybody knows how to release those connectors, the info will be appreciated.
Thx, Mark
I'd be surprised if the new pump fixed your problem. Please report back on this one.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member
Default Press Connectors

Lanny, You were correct about those connectors. They popped right out after pulling the center out. The center has a edge the can be pried up with a screw driver or diagonal cutters. I have attached a photo of the connectors for other on the BB.

Attached Thumbnails Blazer stumbles when accelerator pushed hard, No Error Codes-pressconnectors.jpg  
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Beginning Member
Default Fuel Pump or Not?

Originally Posted by mickey_bigdaddy
I'd be surprised if the new pump fixed your problem. Please report back on this one.

Mickey I hope you are wrong. I've had the truck since new (14 yrs). The pump is original equipment so replacing it now or in two years doesn't make a difference to me especially if it last another 14 yrs.

Since I hate it when people don't post results or how the resolved problems I will definitely be back to let everyone know how it goes.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:05 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

I am not the original owner of my '02, but suspect that it too has the original fuel pump in it and at 12 yrs I am expecting it to go out just any ole time.

Have been thinking about getting just a replacement fuel pump, not the entire assembly;

myZR2blazer....are you getting just a fuel pump or the entire assembly?

Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Beginning Member

What's the part number on that fuel pump?

Please let us know if that fixes the problem. Good luck.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by myZR2blazer
Mickey I hope you are wrong. I've had the truck since new (14 yrs). The pump is original equipment so replacing it now or in two years doesn't make a difference to me especially if it last another 14 yrs.

Since I hate it when people don't post results or how the resolved problems I will definitely be back to let everyone know how it goes.
I hope I'm wrong too especially now that it's getting changed. I just like to know for sure before I get in that deep on a project. I have a thread of my own like this that I just fixed and I originally thought it was a fuel pump. "burned" helped me out on this so follow his advice if he chimes in. You need to do those fuel pressure & lead down tests. That's the key in getting a clearer picture on the fuel pump.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...43/#post632614

Please let us know, there are so many posts out there on this topic that are not closed off and it is very frustrating to try and solve this problem on these Blazers. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Beginning Member
Default New Pump is Full Replacement

Mickey I am installing a full replacement. I got a really good deal from a place out of Miami.
It was a non retail version, without pretty box to sit on a store shelf.
Ebay Store in Miami
Fuel Pumps, Fuel Pump Kits items in GLOBAL TRADING store on eBay!
Search for this (as of Aug 2014).
"NEW ORIGINAL AC DELCO FUEL PUMP MU113 - 2 DOOR MODEL"
That will get you a model for the 2 door, use a different search for other models of trucks.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Beginning Member
Default Filler Neck Hose

For my future reference, what is the secret to removing the filler neck hoses from the tank? After 14 years of being clamped, both the main hose and the vent hose felt like they were glued on. I had to cut them off and even that wasn't easy.

Quick Reply: Blazer stumbles when accelerator pushed hard, No Error Codes